Is there something wrong.

tortoiselovergirl

5 Year Member
Hey you guys so I've had my tort for almost a year. The weather is starting to change again and temps are starting to drop but it's still the middle of august!!! But my tort won't eat food when I give it to him in his cage but he will eat when he is outside. Is there something wrong with him. I haven't taken him outside lately because there have really bad thunder and lighting storms where I live. But today is supposed to be nice. And he doesn't sit under his light as much. He's usually in the corner sleeping.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
Well, feed him outdoors if he prefers....also, some rain is alright for the tort to play around in, supervised of course (and without the lightning;))...if the tort is usually in the corner sleeping and now he is not...that is a good thing ....

WillTort2

5 Year Member
What temperatures do you have indoors in your torts enclosure? What type of UV light does your tort have?

And welcome to the forum.

tortoiselovergirl

5 Year Member
Ok thanks it is currently 93.0 degrees and I'm using a zoomed power sun with UVA and UVB along with heat.

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
OH, USA
Mine slows down a bit when it starts getting colder outdoors, he will do that in a couple more months... maybe yours is too?
That is a great temperature. And no coil bulb :D what do his eyes look like?

WillTort2

5 Year Member
What is the low temperature in your enclosure's cool side?