Is this a good amount of calcium??

yay14

Location (City and/or State)
stockholm
Hi i have a nine month old hermann tortoise. Right know he is fed weeds and flowers but as it gets colder hes gonna be fed dried weeds and grocery store lettuce.

Right know i give him calcioum without d3 3 times a week and calcium with d3 or nutrobal once a week. He also has access to cuttlebone at all times altough he doesn't eat from it.

Is this a good amount?

Freddy90

Austria
Hi i have a nine month old hermann tortoise. Right know he is fed weeds and flowers but as it gets colder hes gonna be fed dried weeds and grocery store lettuce.

Right know i give him calcium without d3 3 times a week and calcium with d3 or nutrobal once a week. He also has access to cuttlebone at all times altough he doesn't eat from it.

Is this a good amount?

It sounds almost like a little too much but I'm also new to turtles and tortoises. I'm sure someone will answer ur question later :)

yay14

stockholm
The tort is outside during the summer and inside for the rest of the year. Right now hes inside and will be until next summer.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
So i should go down to like 3 times a week?
You quoted my post that says I think two times a week should be enough. If you want to do three times a week, go ahead. I don't think any harm will come to your tortoise from three times a week.

yay14

stockholm
You quoted my post that says I think two times a week should be enough. If you want to do three times a week, go ahead. I don't think any harm will come to your tortoise from three times a week.
Thank :)