Is this boy a Hermanns tort ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diana Stone

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Can someone identify this new addition for me please? I am thinking he is a Hermanns but not sure. Definately a male. 5 1/2" long.
Appears to have a bum right rear leg. He does not want to walk on it. I got a call from my favorite pet store and they said he was turned in by a patron. They know I love the torts so they called, wasn't that great of them?
He has eaten very well his first day here, appears to be healthy so far but that will be determined for sure by my vet when we go.
Comments anyone?

Attachments

• new tort 2.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 59

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Inland Empire, CA
Torts4me, its kinda hard to tell from that pic, can we have a rear shot showing him walking away from you and a belly shot. Thanks- I was kinda thinking Greek from the shot you put up.

Diana Stone

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Crazy1 said:
Torts4me, its kinda hard to tell from that pic, can we have a rear shot showing him walking away from you and a belly shot. Thanks- I was kinda thinking Greek from the shot you put up.

Here is a shot from behind and the underside. Sorry about the quality, its my camera phone. I could not get the digital camera shots to load here.

Attachments

• new tort 3.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 47
  • new tort 4.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 51

siwash

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Toronto
looks like a greek to me...

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
It's a Greek tortoise. It looks like an Antakyan greek, Testudo graeca antakyensis to me. :D

Danny

Diana Stone

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Fabulous. I have never heard of a greek in this area before. I feel lucky to have him.
Any thoughts on the bum leg?

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Glad you were not disapointed he is a Greek. Regarding the leg perhaps the vet could better tell after x-rays.

Status
Not open for further replies.