Is this considered as swollen neck?

cakberlin

Location (City and/or State)
South Tangerang, Indonesia
Hi everyone,

Thank you for all your messages and I am sorry that I could not reply to every messages from all of you.

I just want to give an update on my tortoise.

Last week I went back to the vet and the vet performed the biopsy to my tortoise.
According to my vet, it is just a common fungus (hopefully that her diagnosis were right; I mentioned this Austwickia chelonae to her and she said that this might not it).
She asked me to return after 1 week to check the condition of my tortoise and yesterday I went back to the vet.

My tortoise is gaining weight since the very 1st time my vet gave me the prescription and I noticed that she become more active.

Now the bumps are gone and hopefully that she'll become healthier day by day.

I will keep updating.

Again, thank you for your all attention.

Herwith the latest photo of my tortoise, the bumps are completely gone. ☺
WhatsApp Image 2021-03-03 at 15.31.47.jpeg

Jan A

Boulder, CO
Hi everyone,

Thank you for all your messages and I am sorry that I could not reply to every messages from all of you.

I just want to give an update on my tortoise.

Last week I went back to the vet and the vet performed the biopsy to my tortoise.
According to my vet, it is just a common fungus (hopefully that her diagnosis were right; I mentioned this Austwickia chelonae to her and she said that this might not it).
She asked me to return after 1 week to check the condition of my tortoise and yesterday I went back to the vet.

My tortoise is gaining weight since the very 1st time my vet gave me the prescription and I noticed that she become more active.

Now the bumps are gone and hopefully that she'll become healthier day by day.

I will keep updating.

Again, thank you for your all attention.

Herwith the latest photo of my tortoise, the bumps are completely gone. ☺
View attachment 319928
Please keep your sulcatas separated & carefully continue to maintain all the protocols on hand washing, sanitation, separate soaking bowls, etc. We've got our fingers crossed that this was just a fungus like your vet says. You cannot be too careful at this point. Love that your tort is better!! Keep up the good work!

Yossarian

5 Year Member
Wales
Im pretty skeptical of the vets conclusion tbh, we have seen the exact same kind of misdiagnosis and treatment, leading to spots clearing, and then 3-6 months down the line, symptoms come back with a vengeance. Be extra vigilant not to cross contaminate for the next several months at the very least.