Is this mustard green safe to feed?

RosemaryDW

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Newport Coast, CA
The Tortoise Table typically won't have names for Asian or other "non-typical" plants in it; it reflect plants typically found in the UK.

When I want to find an Asian green, I just google the name. Usually I add the word "vegetable" to it. So in this case "Ki Choi vegetable."

From there I found this: http://www.cherryfarms.co.uk/kaichoi.html. You have to be flexible about spelling, sometimes it's spelled a few different ways. If you read the information on this page, you'll see they give you multiple names and spellings for the same plant.

That said, that package does say it's mustard greens in English and you'll find several wild mustards in the Tortoise Table if you search by "mustard." You'll also find many references to "mustard greens" just searching this forum. The one you posted is one of many types of mustard but foodwise they are generally the same.

JaySparks

5 Year Member
London
The Tortoise Table typically won't have names for Asian or other "non-typical" plants in it; it reflect plants typically found in the UK.

When I want to find an Asian green, I just google the name. Usually I add the word "vegetable" to it. So in this case "Ki Choi vegetable."

From there I found this: http://www.cherryfarms.co.uk/kaichoi.html. You have to be flexible about spelling, sometimes it's spelled a few different ways. If you read the information on this page, you'll see they give you multiple names and spellings for the same plant.

That said, that package does say it's mustard greens in English and you'll find several wild mustards in the Tortoise Table if you search by "mustard." You'll also find many references to "mustard greens" just searching this forum. The one you posted is one of many types of mustard but foodwise they are generally the same.

I will feed this to my little guy tomorrow he seems to like big flavours.Thanks for you help :D.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
As I understand it, any mustard greens or collard greens are good vegetables for tortoises/iguanas. Are there any that are not OK?