is this normal (burrowing in my legs)

CharlieS2020

Location (City and/or State)
Ontario
hi its me again i have jsut a quick question. so yesterday i was cleaning my 1 year old eastern hermanns cage so i took her out for like 5 mins and put her near my lags. she emedietly started to burrow in my lags for the whole time she was there, but when i but her back in she jsut stroles around. is this so singh of agresion should i be worried. is it maybe my tortoise is jsut very attactched to me i dont know and help is apreshiated let me know if you need more info. -thanks Charlie

Grace-Sophia

Texas
Have you ever taken Her out before? Or was it new for her? If so she might have been trying to hide in the unfamiliar territory.

Yossarian

5 Year Member
Wales
Sounds like aggression to me, the tort isn’t going to mistake your legs for somewhere to burrow but it is likely to see you as something invading its territory and it’s trying to drive you away. My Greek does this to me when his enclosure is getting cleaned also.

CharlieS2020

Ontario
Sounds like aggression to me, the tort isn’t going to mistake your legs for somewhere to burrow but it is likely to see you as something invading its territory and it’s trying to drive you away. My Greek does this to me when his enclosure is getting cleaned also.
Should I be worried about that she is showing aggression to me?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
hi its me again i have jsut a quick question. so yesterday i was cleaning my 1 year old eastern hermanns cage so i took her out for like 5 mins and put her near my lags. she emedietly started to burrow in my lags for the whole time she was there, but when i but her back in she jsut stroles around. is this so singh of agresion should i be worried. is it maybe my tortoise is jsut very attactched to me i dont know and help is apreshiated let me know if you need more info. -thanks Charlie
Your tortoise was removed from its known warm territory. It was simply looking for a warm place to hide. Babies especially don't like to be out in the open and exposed to predators.

CharlieS2020

Ontario
Your tortoise was removed from its known warm territory. It was simply looking for a warm place to hide. Babies especially don't like to be out in the open and exposed to predators.
Thank you I was just taking Charlie out because her cage needed a good clean.

Yossarian

5 Year Member
Wales

I think to be fair, Tom is probably more accurate in this case, I overlooked the age of your tort and 1 is probably not old enough to be exhibiting territorial agression. But they will do eventually.