The Land Below The Wind
Omg, the tail had torn,.......ImageUploadedByTortForum1396610591.186859.jpg

Anyone, please help [FACE WITH COLD SWEAT]

Last edited by a moderator:

AmRoKo

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Florida
I'm not sure whats wrong with it but you should try using antibiotic ointment to help keep the area from drying out so it will be less painful, I would also take them to a reptile vet.

Dorrie Siu

I think it's time to take her into a vet. Please be sure to tell them you were using fucicort.

jonckt

5 Year Member
The Land Below The Wind
I really wish to when the first day I started this post. I'm from Sabah, Malaysia , in which sadly to say there is no vet here knows how to meditate a tort.

Dorrie Siu

Oh dear. So does that means the medicine you gave her was NOT prescribed to her? I'm only guessing that it was because I showed you the warnings about it and you continued to use it.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I think the tortoise is straining to pass something, whether it be rocks or hard poop.

Buy some mineral oil (liquid parafin, liquid petrolium) and a squeeze dropper. If the tortoise is still eating, you can put several drops of mineral oil on the food and mix it up. Also, draw up a full dropper of the oil and place the dropper gently inside the cloaca facing towards the body cavity. Put it up as far as it will go, gently, without forcing it and squeeze the oil up inside the tortoise.

I would add a dropper-ful of mineral oil to the food every day until you start to see it coming out the other end. Don't put plain mineral oil down the throat unless its on food because the tortoise might breathe it into the lungs.

Until you get out whatever is pressing on the nerves inside, the swelling isn't going to go down, but you can relieve any discomfort there might be by applying some hemorrhoid cream to the cloaca.

jonckt

5 Year Member
The Land Below The Wind
He lost the end part of the tail, I picked it up inside the enclosure. I'm dripping the azoo liquid on the tail every day, he is eating and pooping fine every day, just tat he sleeps more hour than before. ImageUploadedByTortForum1396950733.042615.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1396950768.258078.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1396950791.158092.jpg

ImageUploadedByTortForum1396950907.659488.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1396950926.858184.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: