Is this normal?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackomarsh

5 Year Member
I left my new tortoise for ten mins and I got back and he'd done this.

Attachments

• image-827685852.png
    image-827685852.png
    186.9 KB · Views: 58

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Are you talking about the sorta whitish stuff? I think I may see it in the upper right hand of the water dish. If so, I believe you are seeing urates. Urates are normal, much more so in some species it seems then others. You just want them to stay sorta like ummmm very watery creamy toothpaste might be a good thing to use as reference. You don't want them to get really gritty.

Here is a thread about it:

http://www.tortoiseforum.org/Thread-My-tortoise-pooped-out-some-white-stuff#axzz1hHI8Qf67

I need to come up with something that is a really good common to everybody type of visual reference, any body have any good suggestions as to what to compare urates to?

jeffbens0n

5 Year Member
Glenmoore, PA
Jacqui said:
I need to come up with something that is a really good common to everybody type of visual reference, any body have any good suggestions as to what to compare urates to?

I have a good one but i'm not sure its appropriate. ;)

To the OP, if you are talking about the white urates then that is normal. If you are talking about the poop speared all over...thats normal too!

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
I am confuse??? What are we speaking about here? The poo..the urates....or the torn up wall near the gate thingy?

Utah Lynn

5 Year Member
I think it is a good sign that he is pooping. New environment.
WELCOME to the Forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.