Is this ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turtleswagg

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
San Pedro, CA
I got my moms fluval 404 and it works perfectly n all. Only worry i have is that there is still salt from it. I rinsed it with water and scrubbed it with a metal sponge. I did all my normal stuff to the water and such, but im not sure if its safe for my turts yet. Im pretty sure the DBTs will be fine because they can adapt to the salt, but the RESs n the pleco arent. I also put back in my plants and they seem to be doing perfect.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
I would not allow salt residue to flow into the water with the RESs...I know they are a hardy turtle...but, they don't do salt....maybe rinse it with hot water a bit and then let it sit out and dry out then do it all over again....:p This is so the OCD side of me channeling this post to you....lol ;)

Turtleswagg

5 Year Member
San Pedro, CA
ascott said:
I would not allow salt residue to flow into the water with the RESs...I know they are a hardy turtle...but, they don't do salt....maybe rinse it with hot water a bit and then let it sit out and dry out then do it all over again....:p This is so the OCD side of me channeling this post to you....lol ;)

Hahahha thx for the input. I put the filter on while cycleing the water. Ill let it run till tom then ill put new water and let know know how it goes. I thought of throwing a goldfish in to see if its good water

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
It would be simpler to get an aquarium pH testing kit. They're not expensive. If the pH is alkaline compared with your tap water then there's still salt residue!

Alternatively, take a sample of tank water and a sample of your tap water to the nearest aquarium shop and ask them to test. In the UK at least this service is very cheap.

Turtleswagg

5 Year Member
San Pedro, CA
ascott said:

I have a few for feeders

JoesMum said:
It would be simpler to get an aquarium pH testing kit. They're not expensive. If the pH is alkaline compared with your tap water then there's still salt residue!

Alternatively, take a sample of tank water and a sample of your tap water to the nearest aquarium shop and ask them to test. In the UK at least this service is very cheap.

Yea ill take a sample over to petco

Status
Not open for further replies.