Is this prolapse? (Desert Tortoise)

LakersSteve

Location (City and/or State)
CA
790646DE-F736-441F-8C5E-E6A0C516B942.jpeg
So this is a roughly 5 month old desert tortoise that I recently noticed a small bulging “sac” coming from her rectum. I was told she was a female when she was given to my family. Her enclosure is pure coco coir, with nothing she could have accidentally eaten since I’ve had her at 3 days old.
She’s been active except today she didn’t come out of her hide at all which is very unusual. I soak her 2xs a week and soaked her immediately after noticing the bulge with no change to it after. Seeing this made me realize I havnt had to clean as much poop as I normally would (usually poops 1-2 times a day).
I’ve tried looking for other posts but most don’t have pictures or end up being a male penis which this doesn’t look like to me.
Any and all responses are welcomed, and thanks in advance!!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
I can't get your picture to download, but you should be soaking a baby every day, and it should be living on damp substrate with a humid hide. Dehydration is the number one killer of baby tortoises.

Dehydration, which is caused by the usual care advice found almost everywhere, can result in terrible constipation, and formation of large urate stones that they can't pass.

Here is the correct care advice:

Best thing to do for this one is long warm soaks. Get it moving. Let it scramble to get out of the warm soak water for a long time. All that locomotion might help get things moving. Don't let the water cool during the soak.