Is this russian sick?

Lexitacos

Location (City and/or State)
Michigan
With my bestfriend at a house she is animal sitting for and these people have a female russian (i have a male) and her beak is green. They only feed her pellets and kale. Going to see if i can buy her from them and give her a better life. Wanted to know opinions on what may be wrong with her? She shows early signs of MBD too. Makes me sad:( these people have turtle **** all over their house but dont know how to take care of the real one it really pisses me off. Her enclosure also looks like a gecko enclosure like??? Idk it sucks and idk if i can do anything to help this poor girl

Attachments

• 20230326_055259.jpg
    20230326_055259.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 4

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
She could certainly do with a much more varied diet. Can you post more pics of her enclosure and the lamps they use for her?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Can't tell anything from that pic. A green beak would just be from the food.
She does need a much better and varied diet
If you get her, you do know she can not live with your male? Tortoises, specially Russians can not live in pairs.
If they don't want to sell her to you, try to get them to join the forum and learn the proper way to care for her

Lexitacos

Michigan
Can't tell anything from that pic. A green beak would just be from the food.
She does need a much better and varied diet
If you get her, you do know she can not live with your male? Tortoises, specially Russians can not live in pairs.
If they don't want to sell her to you, try to get them to join the forum and learn the proper way to care for her
I would not have them in the same enclosure.