Is this supposed to be in my testudo seed mix?

TechnoCheese

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lewisville, Texas
The long plants with small leaves that look suspiciously like purslane-
IMG_1363.jpg
The planter has been overrun with it since I planted the mix, so I figured it was a plant that came with it. But the sap makes me itch and it is extremely sappy, which is apparently a property of purslane.

I’ve been feeding it to Curtis for a while. Do I have something to worry about?

TechnoCheese

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lewisville, Texas
I wonder if those “spurge seeds” were already in your growing medium aka dirt. Once you mixed in the Tortoise Seed, watered you have more than just the planted seeds? Quite the mixed bag of seeds there.

What’s weird is that it’s in a raised planter, and I didn’t see any in there when I cleaned everything out of it to plant them in there. We have something that looks very similar to it all over our yard, but there are a few differences. It’s definitely a possibility, though.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
What’s weird is that it’s in a raised planter, and I didn’t see any in there when I cleaned everything out of it to plant them in there. We have something that looks very similar to it all over our yard, but there are a few differences. It’s definitely a possibility, though.

Yes...our lawn is filled with those weeds too. I guess the seeds could just be in your soil in the beds.