Is This Website Any Good?

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Are you concerned about the website/company or the seeds themselves? Are your grasses for CDTs or Sullys? The grasses look like good natural prairie grasses that are meant for cattle grazing.

Ive had good success with seeds from American Meadows

SasquatchTortoise

Forth Worth, Texas
Are you concerned about the website/company or the seeds themselves? Are your grasses for CDTs or Sullys? The grasses look like good natural prairie grasses that are meant for cattle grazing.

Sulcata. I was mostly concerned about the seeds themselves. I wanted to know if anyone had good luck with them. I’ve been looking for native grasses to (maybe) help control the spread of Bermuda grass.
That website looks pretty good. Thanks for the recommendation.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Sulcata. I was mostly concerned about the seeds themselves. I wanted to know if anyone had good luck with them. I’ve been looking for native grasses to (maybe) help control the spread of Bermuda grass.
That website looks pretty good. Thanks for the recommendation.
Bermuda grass is native to Africa and excellent grazing for sulcatas.

I've tried dozens of grass seed types and seed mixes. This one has been the best by far:

MenagerieGrl

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
El Sobrante, CA.

I "second" American Meadows, I have bought several #'s of seed from them. and have been very happy with their products and quality.

SasquatchTortoise

Forth Worth, Texas
Bermuda grass is native to Africa and excellent grazing for sulcatas.

I've tried dozens of grass seed types and seed mixes. This one has been the best by far:
Thanks. It looks like a nice mix, but I noticed alfalfa. I'd assume to put this mix with others to lower the proportion.

Yeah our sulcata likes Bermuda grass and we have plenty in the yard, but around here it requires a good amount of water and nutrients (no fertilizer) to keep it healthy. Also, on some years certain caterpillars will come out and eat all of it... quite annoying. Just trying to lessen my reliance on it.

Last edited:

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Thanks. It looks like a nice mix, but I noticed alfalfa. I'd assume to put this mix with others to lower the proportion.

Yeah our sulcata likes Bermuda grass and we have plenty in the yard, but around here it requires a good amount of water and nutrients (no fertilizer) to keep it healthy. Also, on some years certain caterpillars will come out and eat all of it... quite annoying. Just trying to lessen my reliance on it.
The alfalfa portion is fine, and not much pops up from it. This mix just grows and and grows. It grows in much fuller and faster than other other seeds or seed mixes I've tried, and I cut it over and over again.

RosemaryDW

5 Year Member
Newport Coast, CA
They look amazing! Seeds for fire reclamation! Seems like you could find something just right for your area, native or close to it. They've got some really nice seed mixes.

They are fine to eat once they are sprouted.