Is Todd shell pyramding?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigD9

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Florida
I just now heard of pyramding && I heard it was bad, so i was wondering if mine was?
How is it bad also?!
I just thought my sulcata was growing lol, but i was wrong.
but now i know.Thats why i love this site! :D
I know its a bad pic, my dad took it && he not the best at taking pictures but if you can tell, pls let me know:))
Thanks
IMG958494.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
It looks to me like the pyramiding is starting. Not at all bad yet. Be sure to soak often and keep the humidity up.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Your baby looks fine. I would not even worry about it. In a few years he will be nice and even. Just keep up the soaks, sun, calcium and good diet... You can spray the shell and bump up the humidity in the indoor enclosure if you want too, just don't let him get cold at night.

Redstrike

10 Year Member!
New York
wellington said:
It looks to me like the pyramiding is starting. Not at all bad yet. Be sure to soak often and keep the humidity up.

I agree. Keeping humidity up in Florida shouldn't be too difficult?

BigD9

5 Year Member
Florida
mctlong said:
Your sulcata's shell looks good. How long have you had him?

thanks! && im not sure excalty but around feb or march.
But when i got him from this lady he said he a year old.
Does he look a year old?

Redstrike said:
wellington said:

I agree. Keeping humidity up in Florida shouldn't be too difficult?

yeah its not hard in FL But im going to have to be more careful because my dad is shipping him up to montana friday. Im living in montana now.

lovelyrosepetal

5 Year Member
Oklahoma
I can't tell how old your tort is by looking at a pic. There is nothing there for a size comparison. What is its length from top to bottom of the shell? That would give an idea and I would also tell how much it weighs. I would not be able to tell you but other keepers could give you an idea. As to its pyramiding, it is there, slightly, but I would agree with Tom and just keep up the good husbandry. Keep reading everything you can on this site and you won't go wrong. :)

BigD9

5 Year Member
Florida
Tom said:
Your baby looks fine. I would not even worry about it. In a few years he will be nice and even. Just keep up the soaks, sun, calcium and good diet... You can spray the shell and bump up the humidity in the indoor enclosure if you want too, just don't let him get cold at night.

Alright Thanks:))

lovelyrosepetal said:
I can't tell how old your tort is by looking at a pic. There is nothing there for a size comparison. What is its length from top to bottom of the shell? That would give an idea and I would also tell how much it weighs. I would not be able to tell you but other keepers could give you an idea. As to its pyramiding, it is there, slightly, but I would agree with Tom and just keep up the good husbandry. Keep reading everything you can on this site and you won't go wrong. :)
Ill measure && weight him on friday when he gets here:)

lovelyrosepetal

5 Year Member
Oklahoma
I think that would be great and I think your tort looks so cute! Take more pics of Todd and keep us posted.:)

BigD9

5 Year Member
Florida
lovelyrosepetal said:
I think that would be great and I think your tort looks so cute! Take more pics of Todd and keep us posted.:)

&& Ill do that!

Status
Not open for further replies.