ISO adult female Russian tortoise to enjoy a life of leisure!

jimboace

Location (City and/or State)
Omaha, Ne
I've had a lovelorn male for 8 years and would like to find him a mate (baby tortoises!). I have been hatching and raising Eastern box turtles for 30 years and ready to try Russians. I have a large well planted outdoor enclosure with running water for their pleasure. Live near Omaha Ne.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Good luck in your endeavor. We really do need more Russian breeders in the U.S. But may I offer a suggestion? Male russian tortoises are aggressive breeders. I would either plan on having two separate enclosures, one for the male and one for the female (with conjugal visits occasionally), or else get TWO females to go with your one male.

Last edited:

jimboace

Omaha, Ne
I'm well aware of the issues with 2 males together and even with 1 male and 1 female being continuously housed together. I already have multiple enclosures. My male seems to get along just fine with my box turtles and I have another enclosure with other box turtles, so I am ready. I just need to find a breeding age female, but thank you for the advice.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
No, you misunderstood. I meant two females for your one male. that way he doesn't just pester the one female all the time, but spreads his lovin' out between the two.

jimboace

Omaha, Ne
Thanks for the clarification, I missed that. I would love to have 2 females for him, but at this point I would be happy to find one mature lady friend for him.