ISO adult near S. Carolina

AshtonLynn

I am looking to adopt an adult Sulcuta of either sex, or pair of the same sex (I do not want to breed) the older and larger the better. Please nothing under 10 lbs as we are building an outdoor enclosure. Can offer vet references, as well as a site check via home visit or video chat. Looking in the areas of South Carolina, North Carolina, North Florida and East GA. Looking to adopt instead of purchase but do not mind a rehoming fee. Text is the fastest way to reach me at 803.361.054four

Last edited:

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
You might have to have some patience. A lot of tortoise keepers here don't offer up their torts to new and unknown members.
Get to know us and make some friends and good luck. You've found a great site with members from all over the world.
Have you also tried Craigslist? That is a tortoise hotspot from time to time and often has some very needy tortoises.

AshtonLynn

I am not new to reptiles, I am however new to tortoises. I currently have a collection of crested geckos, around 150. I am simply looking for an older tort as I have 10 acres and 4 children, so looking for something with size or a pair. I have tried craigslist, mostly hatchlings which I am not interested in. I live in South Carolina so have perfect climate most of the year. In the colder months I have a large sun room that is heated and only has my geckos in.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
May I ask why a pair?

AshtonLynn

Just an option, I am aware most reptiles are not codependent or "herd" animals and do better as a solitary being.