ISO tortoise

kmarkovich

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Milwaukee, WI
I recently lost my tort, and would love to give another a home in the Midwest. He was a Sulcata. I have the means for a large tortoise, but would be willing to give a smaller species a home, too.

We use a reputable listed exotic vet, which I would be happy to disclose in a private message. Also live 5 minutes from an ER that treats exotics. I also can send pictures of my indoor enclosure and outdoor blueprints (just bought a house and need it to warm up so I can build it!). I do have pictures of my previous home. Willing to travel if needed. Just really want to rescue another tort!

Feel free to ask any questions.

christinaland128

5 Year Member
Metro Detroit
kmarkovich said:
I recently lost my tort, and would love to give another a home in the Midwest. He was a Sulcata. I have the means for a large tortoise, but would be willing to give a smaller species a home, too.

We use a reputable listed exotic vet, which I would be happy to disclose in a private message. Also live 5 minutes from an ER that treats exotics. I also can send pictures of my indoor enclosure and outdoor blueprints (just bought a house and need it to warm up so I can build it!). I do have pictures of my previous home. Willing to travel if needed. Just really want to rescue another tort!

Feel free to ask any questions.

I have a friend who has a Russian Tortoise that needs a home. I don't believe she wants any money for him. I'm awaiting more pics and info. She lives in Chicago.

prc93

5 Year Member
Wisconsin
Sorry for your loss, beautiful tortoise. I am from Wisconsin as well, so I always keep an eye on Craigslist for tortoises in need of a home. There are two redfoot tortoises in Walworth, near the Illinois border. If you are unfamiliar, redfoot tortoises are an intermediate size, not growing nearly as large as a sulcata but substantially larger than the Testudo species and I think they would benefit greatly from large tortoise accommodations.

Here is the link http://rockford.craigslist.org/pet/4348854844.html

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
do you know what you lost the other one too? illness? you want to be sure its nothing that is contagious.. or disinfect really well.
good luck on your serach. Many sulcata in need of new homes.