It’s been a while!

jess054u

5 Year Member
Hey guys! I don’t think ive posted on here since spike was 2 (2014). I just wanted to touch base with joe spike is doing. He’s now 8 yrs old and is doing great. Took him to the vet today to get his beak trimmed, but spike wouldn’t let the vet do much. He suggested I try feeding him on a paver or hard surface, to wear down the beak a bit. It’s really not an extreme case, and two diff reptile vets agreed that it’s not worth putting him to sleep to work on him. We are hoping over the next few months that it will wear down on its own. I was so proud that the vets were raging about how good spike looks. ? also that is his current weight. That is all for now.
AA28693E-60CE-4B00-8FA7-9370B62A77C6.jpeg7EEFE247-36F0-4E1C-B2C5-31044D13A41C.jpeg

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
PacificNorthWest
Hey guys! I don’t think ive posted on here since spike was 2 (2014). I just wanted to touch base with joe spike is doing. He’s now 8 yrs old and is doing great. Took him to the vet today to get his beak trimmed, but spike wouldn’t let the vet do much. He suggested I try feeding him on a paver or hard surface, to wear down the beak a bit. It’s really not an extreme case, and two diff reptile vets agreed that it’s not worth putting him to sleep to work on him. We are hoping over the next few months that it will wear down on its own. I was so proud that the vets were raging about how good spike looks. ? also that is his current weight. That is all for now.
View attachment 299437View attachment 299438
He's beautiful!

jess054u

5 Year Member
Amazing shell growth!
Thank u. When I first got him, I didn’t know what I was doing, so he does have some slight pyramiding. Thanks to this site though, I was able to learn quickly about the proper care for him.

jess054u

5 Year Member
Looks great. Provide cuttlebones to munch on, they help !
Ya I do. I used to give him the regular ones for birds and he would eat those more. I’ve been getting the tort ones w cactus in them, but he never touches them. ??‍♀️ Guess maybe I need to switch back?