IT CAN'T BE POSSIBLE!!!!!!!

sibi

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Florida, USA
On October 8th, I updated Baby Runt's health and growth progress. It's only been 12 days, and She has gained another pound! SHE'S 5 POUNDS NOW SINCE YESTERDAY!!!!! Is that possible????? Seeing is believing. Take a look at her new weight. I need a new scale now.
Baby Runt is "notarunt" anymore!!!!! Based on a recent vote for a new name, there were so many that didn't want her name changed. However, the most votes were for Brig. So, what I'm gonna do is call her "Baby Runt Brig." She'll still be known as Baby Runt, but now she has a surname, Brig.
It looks like Baby Runt Brig may be as normal and healthy as my other sullies. She's growing and her MBD may be ended. I pray and hope she continues to progress and live to be 100 years old! Thanks for reading her progress. Congratulations my little angel:)

WP_001112.jpg Here she is, 5 lbs

WP_001108.jpg Scale is tittering between 5 lbs and EEEE. In other words, I need a new scale. Baby Runt Brig has graduated to the big league.

WP_001076.jpg Here's a recent pic of Baby Rung Brig inspecting the construction of her new habitat.

Hope you all enjoyed her progress as much as I have.

Last edited by a moderator:

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
Yay! That's awesome :)

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Thank you guys. I still continue to hand feed him. You may be thinking, when my children were babies, did they grow fast and fat? The answer is YES. My youngest was born 10 lbs 1 oz., by the time he was three months, he weighed over 20 lbs! He started walking/running by 9 months. Today, he's a thin, muscular, young man obsessed with organic heath foods! So, there you have it!

sissyofone said:
Way to go, Baby Runt Brig.. Congrats Sibi on a job well done. :)

TigsMom

5 Year Member
Arizona
Notarunt looks terrific! And that habitat? Is that a Tortoise House all for them? It looks huge. What are the dimensions?

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
It's a 10' x 12' shed, converted into an insulated room with exhaust fan and window. This room has heating and the walls are Durock (cement meshed). The flooring is insulated and overlaid in cork. The most difficult part is now I have to decorate it, and I'm not as good as others are at it. I'm more about efficiency. I'll separate the enclosure three ways with cement blocks and each will have Kane blankets. I will have a sign posted on their door, "Tortoise Haven".
TigsMom said:
Notarunt looks terrific! And that habitat? Is that a Tortoise House all for them? It looks huge. What are the dimensions?

She's about 5" or so. I'll check on that tomorrow because I just never checked that. I was only concerned with her weight:p
Sulcata_Sandy said:
What is her SCL? Mo is 4 lb 10 oz, and I think he's underweight for his size. His SCL is 9.5"

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Thank you Angela. She's the love of my life. My heart goes all out for her. She had such a rough beginning for three years; I just want her to live out the rest of her life in love and comfort.

ascott said:
So happy to hear this...fantastic news and absolutely lovely tort :D

ILoveTortoises2

5 Year Member
Mansfield, Ma
Awwww I'm so glad she is gaining weight. Maybe she is more then 5 lbz seeings how it said EEEEEE on it. I bet she is more then 5lbs :)
I have been watching her progress from day 1 and she has come a LONG way. I'm happy she is in your care and she will have a GREAT life to live now :)

Sulcata_Sandy

5 Year Member
Pacific NorthWET
sibi said:
Thank you Angela. She's the love of my life. My heart goes all out for her. She had such a rough beginning for three years; I just want her to live out the rest of her life in love and comfort.

ascott said:

Where can I read about her beginnings? I could used a good happy ending. I'm still frustrated over the poor tortoise in CA that no one can seem to save. [DISAPPOINTED FACE]

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Just tap on my user name, and under "all threads" you can see the very first thread on Baby Runt from the day I get her from FX almost a year ago. You know when I got her, she was 3 yeats old and only weighed 4 ounces?!?

Sulcata_Sandy said:
sibi said:

ascott said:

Where can I read about her beginnings? I could used a good happy ending. I'm still frustrated over the poor tortoise in CA that no one can seem to save. [DISAPPOINTED FACE]

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
Thats fantastic..i was wondering sibi...do you have pics of when we first saw baby runt here in phoenix? Maybe show comparison. She looks absolutely beautiful now. You have done a wonderful job with her....

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
I think Kim, who picked up the rescues in phoenix, may have pics when she was looking for those who would adopt the rescues. I believe she showed me one before she was sent to me. I will check my emails, but, like I told Sandy, you can use my user name and check my threads, you can see when Baby Runt first came to me in the Package. In that pic, you can see how tiny Baby Runt was (4 ounces).

mainey34 said:
Thats fantastic..i was wondering sibi...do you have pics of when we first saw baby runt here in phoenix? Maybe show comparison. He looks absolutely beautiful now. You have done a wonderful job with him....

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
I believe i may have pics, i found them on CL. Kim and i worked together on rescues. Not on this particular one. But if you dont have a good one, ill get one..she was in such bad shape, its so nice to see how far she has come.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
If you do get the pic, please send me it by email. I really appreciate it. Yes, she was in really poor shape. The MBD was even worse than it is now. She still has soft spots, but it's beginning to harden up now.
mainey34 said:
I believe i may have pics, i found them on CL. Kim and i worked together on rescues. Not on this particular one. But if you dont have a good one, ill get one..she was in such bad shape, its so nice to see how far she has come.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
If you want to see her face, go to the an ual calendar contest. She's the first tort! She's so cute.

Jovanni said:
Congrats sibi, and that tort is beautiful !