It is hot in Michigan!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Someone told me that the hottest recorded temperature on earth yesterday was here in Pomona CA. About an hour and 10 minutes from my place. 119 degrees.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
It's been hot here too. With the high humidity and hot temps, it really makes it hard to do anything.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Someone told me that the hottest recorded temperature on earth yesterday was here in Pomona CA. About an hour and 10 minutes from my place. 119 degrees.
That's really too hot. But add our humidity we've been having and no one would be breathing.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
That's really too hot. But add our humidity we've been having and no one would be breathing.
I notice this in my reptile room. Its about 50-60% humidity in there. It can be 86 degrees in there, and when you step outside into the 100+ degree air with 10% humidity, it feels much cooler outside. So odd. I've worked in that 100 degree 90-100% humidity in South Louisiana. Oppressive does not begin to describe it. That sort of weather is dangerous.

TriciaStringer

5 Year Member
Louisiana
I notice this in my reptile room. Its about 50-60% humidity in there. It can be 86 degrees in there, and when you step outside into the 100+ degree air with 10% humidity, it feels much cooler outside. So odd. I've worked in that 100 degree 90-100% humidity in South Louisiana. Oppressive does not begin to describe it. That sort of weather is dangerous.
So true. I need to try and mow in that today.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
So true. I need to try and mow in that today.
Be careful. I want to still see you posting here tomorrow!

This reminds me of another fun fact about the weather back there in contrast to here. When it was 100 during the day there, it would cool all the way down to 94-96 at night. :rolleyes:

Now I'm used to hot summer weather, but here it cools at night. A lot. It was 115 here yesterday and it cooled to 65 last night. Right now at 7:35 am, it is still only 72 outside. It will be 110+ by about 1 or 2 pm.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Thats why I don't keep my house too cool. You step outside and it just punches you in the face even more so if the house is too cool. Your energy is just drained. I can take the dry high temps, I can't take the humidity. Would never want too live in the constant high humidity states.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California

Tom, that is AWESOME!!!! I love the heat over that nasty cold any day.... :)

TriciaStringer

5 Year Member
Louisiana
Be careful. I want to still see you posting here tomorrow!

This reminds me of another fun fact about the weather back there in contrast to here. When it was 100 during the day there, it would cool all the way down to 94-96 at night. :rolleyes:

Now I'm used to hot summer weather, but here it cools at night. A lot. It was 115 here yesterday and it cooled to 65 last night. Right now at 7:35 am, it is still only 72 outside. It will be 110+ by about 1 or 2 pm.

I’m here! Did the yard and weeded the garden. I can’t stand the hot humid nights. Yuck.