IT'S A CELEBRATION!!!!...HE'S 1 LB TODAY!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Florida, USA
Some have followed the progress of Baby Runt, but, for those who don't know, BabyRunt was a rescue of our TRN. When he came to me in Oct. 30, 2012, he was 3 years old, weighed 4 oz, and had metabolic bone disease. Today, he hit the 1 lb mark on the scale. He barely fits in the scale now, and he has become a real eater! He is king of his castle with no one to compete for food, warmth, or love.

TODAY WE CELEBRATE...AND WE'RE HAVING A PARTY!!! HAVE A DANCING PARTY, HAVE A STRAWBERRY, OR WHATEVER MAKES YOU PARTY LIKE IT'S 1999!!!!!!! Enjoy the before and after pics.

BEFORE

ONE POUND
WP_000339.jpgWP_000279.jpg * sorry, wrong pic. Will add current soon.

Last edited by a moderator:

ScottishFish

5 Year Member
Scotland
Success!!!!!!!!!

'Or like the snow falls in the river,
A moment white, then melts forever'
~Robert Burns - Tam O' Shanter

0.0.1 Testudo hermanni boettgeri

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
Well, kudos to you! You have done a great job with him. I remember how awful he looked...you are definitely a star!

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Thanks guys. Most times I have to hand feed Baby Runt because the poor baby's neck can't stretch out to nibble from the ground. I would pile it up for him, and that helped until his body pushed the food back down to where he couldn't reach. So, I take the time and watch him eat. He's a hoot! When he prefers a different green, he' just look at what I presently have in my hand, then turn his head and eyes another leaf. I'd pick that up and feed it to him. When he's had enough he just would look at the green and won't take another bite no matter how enticing it appears. This is why he has gained weight. He's getting the royal treatment for sure. Now, he's in the "Tortoise Haven" with his other cousins, Beasty Boy and Honey Girl. He claimed his own side of the wall as the others have. He is my pride and joy!!!

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Unless I can grow Baby Runt a second stomach, that's gonna be a tall order:p But, I'm up for the challenge. Will keep you posted.:)
WillTortoise said:
I'll predict 2 pounds on July 4th.

Great job!

luvpetz27

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
This is great news! What a precious one he is!!!!!
He is so lucky to have you!! :) :) Give yourself a pat on the back!!!!!
Great job!! :)

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Re: RE: IT'S A CELEBRATION!!!!...HE'S 1 LB TODAY!!!!!

sibi said:
Some have followed the progress of Baby Runt, but, for those who don't know, BabyRunt was a rescue of our TRN. When he came to me in Oct. 30, 2012, he was 3 years old, weighed 4 oz, and had metabolic bone disease. Today, he hit the 1 lb mark on the scale. He barely fits in the scale now, and he has become a real eater! He is king of his castle with no one to compete for food, warmth, or love.

TODAY WE CELEBRATE...AND WE'RE HAVING A PARTY!!! HAVE A DANCING PARTY, HAVE A STRAWBERRY, OR WHATEVER MAKES YOU PARTY LIKE IT'S 1999!!!!!!! Enjoy the before and after pics.

BEFORE

ONE POUND
* sorry, wrong pic. Will add current soon.

He's such a cutie and he's so lucky to have you

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Sorry it too so long to get the right pic posted, but it's pretty funny that Baby Runt couldn't fit in the tray that I used to weigh him in the beginning. I had to flip the tray over so that I could have him lay on it. He's 16 ounces, and now I can no longer use my food scale to weigh him anymore since it only measures up to one pound.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Sorry it too so long to get the right pic posted, but it's pretty funny that Baby Runt couldn't fit in the tray that I used to weigh him in the beginning. I had to flip the tray over so that I could have him lay on it. He's 16 ounces, and now I can no longer use my food scale to weigh him anymore since it only measures up to one pound.
Here he is at one pound
WP_000548.jpg

Here are just a couple of cute pics I took after the big moment
WP_000549.jpg
WP_000550.jpg

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
HURRAY!!!!! BABY RUNT IS THREE (3) POUNDS TODAY :)

Will, I have to tell you, Baby Runt did reach 2 pounds on July 4th! Your prediction is right on. I couldn't post anything because I was having a lot of health issues and surgery. But, I weighed her today and she was 3.05 lbs. She is growing round and fat. She has fat rolls under her arms and her legs are so strong now, she scratches me with them when I lift her up. She's the apple of my eye and I love her sooooo much. Here's her pic. with her new weight

DSCN1044.JPG

Here she is hiding under a seed spreader (her favorite spot)

WP_000841.jpg If she could wear lipstick, she'd have the biggest, cutest lips I've ever seen!

wiccan_chicken

5 Year Member
Georgia
Wow! What a decrease in the pyramiding in Baby Runt. I'm so glad she came into our care, you are certainly taking great care of this tort.

TigsMom

5 Year Member
Arizona
WOW! Excellent!!! She's really progressing quickly now. You're really doing fabulous with the little darlin'. Looks like you're going to need another scale for her upcoming weigh in's.

Status
Not open for further replies.