Status
Not open for further replies.

purpod

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Location (City and/or State)
Ventura County, CA
With the Rep Show just a day away, I'm kinda surprised there's not more excitement about it here in our postings ~ I dunno about the rest of the peeps here, but I am very jazzed that Sat. is just around the corner ~ Oh Yeah; time to go play!! LOL.

Hope to see lots of ya'll there at noon on the interior doorway!
:p Weeee!!
Purpod

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
i'm excited. i think i conned my buddy and my girlfriend into attending. we'll see you there! look for my TortoiseForum.org tshirt!

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Oh, I'm excited I have been waiting all year for this show. See you all there at noon.

purpod

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Ventura County, CA
:p Oh yeah!! Gonna be fun, fun, fun ~ I'll have my 'lil' Booger with me; only she's not so little, lol.. Sarra is almost as tall as me, lol.

Looking forward to seeing ya'll there ~

Purpod

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Arizona
I can't wait until the 27th, That is when the closest show is near me!!

purpod

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Ventura County, CA
Hopefully you'll get to meet up with some peeps there at your show; I hung out at the interior entrance doors from about 5 to 12 until about 10 after, but no one came around wearing a TFO shirt, so I guess I missed the others ~

I did, however, get a new baby tort as well as a new lil cutie pie boa ~ boy did my son gimme grief when I came home with TWO new buds, LOL..

Anyways, this show was great, lots of vendors and some decent pricing too ~ sigh... life is good ~

Purpod

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
What kind of tort? We want pictures...lol. Sorry you didn't find everybody, but you still had fun, right?

purpod

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Ventura County, CA
Oh heck yeah, Jacqui! My daughter and I had a kick butt time, altho it was hard not to take my time and really look around {as I knew if I did, I would end of up with snake, LOL} And as you know, that strategy did not work out so well, as I still ended up with a gorgeous Dumerils Boa. Any info you might have on these guys would be great...?

I did see a vendor who had some GORGEOUS pieball balls, and I was happy to see the prices are finally coming down after years of tracking these beauties {Only $3K instead of $10K from years ago.. lol, still too rich for my blood, LOL}

The tort I got was another leopard, for my tortie to have a bud with.. this one is very dark, whereas my original tortie is the normal colourings.. He's just a little guy, about one year old according to the breeder. I look forward to watching him grow to see his colourations.

I had thought that "King Tortie" was a male, but it looks as tho she is a femur, LOL, so her name has got to go, LOL. This one appears to be a little male, which is sweeet, as I would love for them to be sweeethearts.

I'll post some images soon; right now, he is in quarantine, but I am hopeful that all is well and they will be able to meet soon. Any ideas on how long to keep them apart, Jacq?

He is half the size of "King" tortie, but I will be very careful when introducing them to make sure that all is well, with no bullying from the femur. I've also gotten a new hide {the prices on the wood products from the man in the far right corner were freaking xllnt; a real steal, actually, lol} and with a bit of changes, I think all will work out well.

I intend on shaking things up a bit in the outdoor home they will share so that King Tortie cannot act as tho this is only her pad; I want her to be exploring the new areas and such that will be created too, so that they both have a chance to enjoy their home without any "home field advantage".

I must say that I was surprised to see so many quarter sized water torties for sale there; as well as the endangered spotted pond torties that used to roam in my back yard in NC... perhaps they are no longer on the endagered species list, altho I thought they were...?

Yeah, it was a bummer that I never saw anyone from TFO there; I was looking forward to it, darnnit! Perhaps next year {altho I must make myself purchase nothing that breathes next time, lol, or my son really will kill me, LOL}

Thanx for the post, Jacqui ~ and enjoy your day!
Purpod

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Purpod, I was at the inside entrance at about 1145 until 1230 Sitting outside the door on the orange bench. I was in a blue shirt (not the TFO-T) but I had a little sticker on with the TFO Turtle. Sorry we didn’t' see each other. I saw Cory (Spikethebest and 101the best Ileana). But it wasn't until about 1215 that I saw Cory and Ileana not until close to 2pm. I was able to get to see Cory’s new Galapagos. She is a beauty. (now that’s a story I will let him tell). Josh was in touch with Cory and was running late and was not able to stay long. I didn't see or hear from Eric. Don't know what happened to him. I must have seen you and not realized it was you. I did notice two women outside the doors but didn’t realize that could have been you. I am so sorry we missed each other and only a few feet away. Next time we must send each other pic so we know who we are looking for.
Or meet before for coffee.
I took lots of pic will post later. And picked up a little Greek, me and Greek you know I just couldn't resist. Oh and I won first place in the Photo contest in the Amateur Turtle and Croc division with a pic of Vanolla the DT.

katesgoey

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Hey Robyn - Congratulations, on your new tort and on your pic winning - Good for You! Can't wait to see the pics from the show.

Robyn wrote: "I took lots of pic will post later. And picked up a little Greek, me and Greek you know I just couldn't resist. Oh and I won first place in the Photo contest in the Amateur Turtle and Croc division with a pic of Vanolla the DT."

purpod

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Ventura County, CA
Hiya Robyn ~

Yeah, what a bummer, when we were so close! My daughter and I kept looking outside the entrance, at the peeps on couches, and then we waited just inside the door to the right {at the doors that were not open to the come in or out of}.. I was the tall one with curly purpod hairs and she was the tall 9 year old with the long brown hairs ~ ah well..

We should definately meet up for some good snoffee and a chat; I figure if we both drive about half ways to each other, it should be relatively minor as far as gasoline and such ~

Anyways, sorry to have missed you too, and congrats on your winning pic! How exciting for you, GirlFriend! And I know whatcha mean about your new greek; it sure is difficult when one of your fav's grabs your heart {and wallet, lol} ;)

Looking forward to your pics ~
Thanx for the note,
Purpod

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
im glad everyone seemed to have a great time at the show. i am sorry i didnt get the chance to meet any of you though. i arrived at about 12:15 but didn't immediately see anyone. i was looking for robyns TFO tshirt (i was proudly wearing mine!) but didnt see anyone recognizable. cory called me to tell me he was going back home to pick up one of his tortoises and i didnt get to see him or ileana. i had planned on spending a lot more time at the show but i had some hangers-on who accompanied me and needed to be back home by 3pm. next time -- separate cars!
i propose we schedule a TFO SoCal gathering. perhaps at a local CTTC meeting or something. it would be great to FINALLY meet you all! sorry things didnt work out quite as planned this time.

oh yah - and i didnt leave with any animals. until i get my own place, i must exercise extreme self control at reptile shows. :)

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Good for you Josh, at least some one here has self control. But all in all I think I did well only getting one. My CTTC meetings don't get over until about 9 or 10 PM so I think they are out. Maybe just a weekend in a Resturant for coffee or lunch mid way for all of us? I'd be up for that or an earlier CTTC meeting. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.