It's FALL in southern Florida. Storms coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Jamaica
Guess you must be pretty anxious and busy right now, eh? Gonna be unforgettable. Hang tight! My daughter is in Sunrise and I have others all over Florida.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Guess you must be pretty anxious and busy right now, eh? Gonna be unforgettable. Hang tight! My daughter is in Sunrise and I have others all over Florida.

All kinds of tornado warnings with a few on the ground with damage to property. A few developing right now. Lots of activity.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
No. This one isn't particularly dangerous for us.
Any mild inconveniences aside.

OliveW

Branford, FL
It's all creepy here. Windy and darkish with that weird feeling in the air. And we are not even in the supposed direct path.

So, last night Tortimer buried himself in his burrow. I don't know if it was intentional or accidental. He's never covered the entrance like that before. I don't know if he senses a storm coming or if it was just a coincidence.

My husband dug out the entrance and he came strutting out like any other day. We covered his burrow and he's going in the bathroom for a couple of days. Not sure if that's the best thing to do or not, but I don't want to chance him burying himself in his burrow again and getting flooded.

Very busy here between food prep and putting up everything I can out of the gardens before a few days of rain. Will be setting up the bathroom to accommodate Mr. Tortie-Sweetie-Pie shortly. Hubby gathered some of his usual vines and weeds and has him out grazing now, but he's going to love being spoiled with Romaine and Arugula the next couple of days.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
You are going to get hammered with the rains, if not the winds O....just offset of the path----had to google - Branford

I texted Kerry's little brother who lives in a mobile-home outside Ft Meyers-and wasn't leaving, busting his chops for being an idiot....now I'm really a little worried about him. I had a gut feeling last night it was gonna punch in there. I know his whole Fam tried to get him to leave after I told Kerry that.

I read btwn Bonita beach and Sarasota they were looking for that 18' (possible) surge.....he may be floating in Georgia before he lands! He's a pretty capable guy like me so I can tease him, but I worry about him. I can't really bring it up to Kerry and make her worry more.....so I'm in holding till he hollers to someone in the family.

Hope anyone here is ok if their down there....it's not the water, most us can swim- it's the stuff in it, getting crushed btwn that stuff! You learn that real fast if you ever have to go get someone in that mess(those guys are superheros). I hope he does ok

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Yesterday's rains and tornadoes have settled into a breezy and mostly rain free day today.
This storm has spared us. But I feel horrible being happy about that because the west coast is getting HAMMERED right now and they aren't set up to handle these things as well as we are.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
You are going to get hammered with the rains, if not the winds O....just offset of the path----had to google - Branford

I texted Kerry's little brother who lives in a mobile-home outside Ft Meyers-and wasn't leaving, busting his chops for being an idiot....now I'm really a little worried about him. I had a gut feeling last night it was gonna punch in there. I know his whole Fam tried to get him to leave after I told Kerry that.

I read btwn Bonita beach and Sarasota they were looking for that 18' (possible) surge.....he may be floating in Georgia before he lands! He's a pretty capable guy like me so I can tease him, but I worry about him. I can't really bring it up to Kerry and make her worry more.....so I'm in holding till he hollers to someone in the family.

Hope anyone here is ok if their down there....it's not the water, most us can swim- it's the stuff in it, getting crushed btwn that stuff! You learn that real fast if you ever have to go get someone in that mess(those guys are superheros). I hope he does ok
You definitely don't want to ride out a category four hurricane in a trailer home.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
What people don't know because they don't live in HURRICANE areas is how calm and beautiful the weather is outside of the cone. It sucks up everything.
We have suspiciously blue skies here.
(At least we did until about an hour ago)

I sure hope that our Florida West Coast friends will be spared most of the brunt of Ian.
I know what you mean by the beautiful refreshing gusts and wind. It's like an undercurrent with it's own mind. It's hard to describe but sometimes I recognize that type of air. Even as far as here in Ohio it can be felt here while one is headed for the gulf

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Yesterday's rains and tornadoes have settled into a breezy and mostly rain free day today.
This storm has spared us. But I feel horrible being happy about that because the west coast is getting HAMMERED right now and they aren't set up to handle these things as well as we are.
Yes. Especially inland from Fort Myers 😔

OliveW

Branford, FL
Naples & Fort Myers & Fort Myers Beach, Punta Gorda & Port Charlotte. So much flooding. Cars & houses floating away. Amazing storm surge. Back end of the storm is pounding them.

I need to look at Branford see where it is.

Stay safe guys.

We're good here. Just the outer bands with wind so far and tomorrow we will see the worst of it.

We are typically a very safe spot, but got hit very hard by Irma. For awhile, it looked like this one may take the same path, but it didn't.

It did stay all creepy and darkish out until the sun set, and even the sunset was creepy and odd looking. It's difficult to describe in words. Regardless, I'm very thankful to not live in Tampa right now, and very thankful that we are not anticipating a hard hit tomorrow.

Prayers for all that have had their lives changed in an instant today.

Status
Not open for further replies.