It's FALL in southern Florida. Storms coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeff kushner

Location (City and/or State)
North of Annapolis
@ 2:26 when I sat down with a migraine earlier, I thought that maybe I could write a bit.....LOL.....I was WRONG.

Much better now. That storm walloped those poor folks! I hope her brother heeded my advice to park his car at the top of a parking garage. He owes money on a 10 yr old car so it's covered by insurance but you know that it will hurt him in the long run & he can avoid the drama by moving it. When I saw the pics of the roofs with the water over the cars this morning, it made me think if it.

"Because Florida Man never disappoints."

Those guys and I would have gotten into trouble together...............always good to see someone having a bit of fun, unconventionally! So we know where your husband is O?......LOL

Branford Fla is safe? I spent a couple years looking for another home and love it down there....ahhhh, palm trees.....but I have a lower risk tolerance for where I live than for my own personals safely when I do stupid things. Thankfully, I do not do too many stupid things anymore.....LOL....I seem to land differently now... and it hurts! Besides, if I fall down, then I have to get up!

Anyway, I really like the Crystal river area. I looked in Boynton Beech on the East coast but no thanks.....way to busy over there for me. I did find some nice places on the West coast/

The epiphany I had while in 3rd world country looking for a home, living there full time simply comes with too many compromises. Same with Hurricane paths....the idea of my house and more importantly, the things that mean something to me after gathering them over the decades, being blown or washed away would be one of those things that I don't want to compromise on. No one wants to lose their stuff and I don't need to so it's kind of black and white to me.

Who knows though....I'm fickle so in a couple years, I could see it very differently.

I'm going to go play, like they pay me to do......but I sent 4 emails before coming here so I'm on it!

Prayers for all.......lighten up on the weather big guy!

OliveW

Branford, FL
@ 2:26 when I sat down with a migraine earlier, I thought that maybe I could write a bit.....LOL.....I was WRONG.

Much better now. That storm walloped those poor folks! I hope her brother heeded my advice to park his car at the top of a parking garage. He owes money on a 10 yr old car so it's covered by insurance but you know that it will hurt him in the long run & he can avoid the drama by moving it. When I saw the pics of the roofs with the water over the cars this morning, it made me think if it.

"Because Florida Man never disappoints."

Those guys and I would have gotten into trouble together...............always good to see someone having a bit of fun, unconventionally! So we know where your husband is O?......LOL

Branford Fla is safe? I spent a couple years looking for another home and love it down there....ahhhh, palm trees.....but I have a lower risk tolerance for where I live than for my own personals safely when I do stupid things. Thankfully, I do not do too many stupid things anymore.....LOL....I seem to land differently now... and it hurts! Besides, if I fall down, then I have to get up!

Anyway, I really like the Crystal river area. I looked in Boynton Beech on the East coast but no thanks.....way to busy over there for me. I did find some nice places on the West coast/

The epiphany I had while in 3rd world country looking for a home, living there full time simply comes with too many compromises. Same with Hurricane paths....the idea of my house and more importantly, the things that mean something to me after gathering them over the decades, being blown or washed away would be one of those things that I don't want to compromise on. No one wants to lose their stuff and I don't need to so it's kind of black and white to me.

Who knows though....I'm fickle so in a couple years, I could see it very differently.

I'm going to go play, like they pay me to do......but I sent 4 emails before coming here so I'm on it!

Prayers for all.......lighten up on the weather big guy!

Branford is very safe and a very nice place to live. It's a small town where everyone knows each other.

We actually live ten miles out of town.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Great system with numbers and lines for putting them up!
I used to have to do the entire house. So I color coded them and numbered them for location.
This was/is Purple 13. Purple being the sun room and 13 is the number of panels.
Most south Floridians are very familiar with this dance.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Hows it going Zero? Your property get any damage from the storm?
No. Absolutely nothing except some mild and temporary flooding..(outside of the house)
You?
Are y'all anticipating getting any of this?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Pictures of the devastating are coming in. And Ian is a Category 1 again and headed towards South Carolina
I have a friend in southern North Carolina but along a river and I'm sure she'll get something. Ian's supposed to come through Ohio too. I worry about tornadoes caused by a storm like that. Ian's not done.😞

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
I have a friend in southern North Carolina but along a river and I'm sure she'll get something. Ian's supposed to come through Ohio too. I worry about tornadoes caused by a storm like that. Ian's not done.😞
Tornadoes are certainly an issue. We had a few here. None within 2 miles though

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Tornadoes are certainly an issue. We had a few here. None within 2 miles though
Yeah!!! Tornadoes scare me. They are so unpredictable. And I realize that hurricanes are bad even though I've only been through 4. They do create tornadoes that go spinning off landing here there and everywhere though. I'm glad you didn't get one close but 2 miles is pretty close phew 🤞🌈 🍀

Status
Not open for further replies.