Its not very Christmas like here

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
It's not Christmassy here either, but then, it usually never is, cuz I don't do Christmas! We're having rain here in our drought ridden area. The road widening has obliterated the gentle slope across the front of my property so the water has no place to go and is stationery right in front of my house. Also, the culvert pipe that is supposed to take the water away to wherever rain water is supposed to be taken away to, is half full of dirt, so it can't be taken away even if it were to make it to the culvert pipe.

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
It's not Christmassy here either, but then, it usually never is, cuz I don't do Christmas! We're having rain here in our drought ridden area. The road widening has obliterated the gentle slope across the front of my property so the water has no place to go and is stationery right in front of my house. Also, the culvert pipe that is supposed to take the water away to wherever rain water is supposed to be taken away to, is half full of dirt, so it can't be taken away even if it were to make it to the culvert pipe.
That doesn't sound good at all! Can you call the contractor and get that fixed? They're the ones who messed the drainage up...they should fix it! 🪜⚒️🪚🪝

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas ⛄ here in the hills of St. Andrew, Jamaica. The temp is 60F!!! Icy cold. Daytime gets to around 80F now. Plus, I have to cover my Green Iguana at night so he doesn't even think about dropping out of his tree like his relatives sometimes do in freezing Florida!!!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I'm just wondering if that could be a blessing in disguise. Like you could do your own thing with the water and direct it where it's needed 💦💦💦🏖️ since many Californians are getting in trooouble for trying to get some extra water in their yard 😉 you could just say well... YOU are the experts that did it☺️ thank you very much.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas ⛄ here in the hills of St. Andrew, Jamaica. The temp is 60F!!! Icy cold. Daytime gets to around 80F now. Plus, I have to cover my Green Iguana at night so he doesn't even think about dropping out of his tree like his relatives sometimes do in freezing Florida!!!
60 is freezing to you lol. That's like a heat wave to us in the winter months.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Well... I have no choice 😂 I've got all these people around me and most of them born in December. Even some of their dang dogs are born in December. So I feel like celebrating 😂 that means they get 1 gift one time a year. Oh darn that sounds like I'm a scrooge🙃🎄

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Well... I have no choice 😂 I've got all these people around me and most of them born in December. Even some of their dang dogs are born in December. So I feel like celebrating 😂 that means they get 1 gift one time a year. Oh darn that sounds like I'm a scrooge🙃🎄
I have lots of ungrateful December people too. ONE gift is better than nothing, right?

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
You and your wife need to come visit in Oregon... it's 30 degrees and 'raining'. Ice fog and frozen water on the road. My Camaro is a squirrel in this kind of weather...I was doing 25 mph and made a left turn and did a 360 whoops
When I left South Carolina and my 1st wife. I left my perfectly good GMC pickup truck behind because I couldn't drive it up the steep, ice covered driveway.
I rented a U Haul.
I signed over the truck to my eldest step daughter.

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
I have lots of ungrateful December people too. ONE gift is better than nothing, right?
Yep! I agree.
I am a December baby
And I get one birthday present….
And then one Christmas present. 😃👍
If I was BORN on Christmas then I guess one BIG A** gift for both is ok.
But born in “the same month” don’t count guys!)
Here’s an example :

If you have a birthday in February.
Let’s just say February 12th….
Am I supposed to get you a gift for your birthday and Valentine’s Day?
Or one big gift for e whole month and everything in it???
😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣🥹😆🤨