Not open for further replies.

shawngt2

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Toronto
Hey,

Just thought I'd share with everyone what I found tonight. At first I thought it was a speck of dirt or something but a closer look revealed that it's actually the first signs of marbling! I'm excited with that because I remember Terry verifying the same thing on someone else's a few months back with the same speck on a Cherryhead just like mine.

Anyways, looking forward to seeing this progress and look nicer. Terry (RedfootNERD) I know you have one adult with amazing marbling so I'm hoping it turns out something like that. Is this a cherryhead thing??

Also, Redfoot NERD, it's obvious that your recommended diet works great. To bad I can't grow my own hibiscus but maybe some day when i have the space (and a house).

Various002.jpg

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Congrats!! Now why can't you raise your own hibiscus? The tropical one grows well inside a home so no need for a yard even. ;)

shawngt2

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Toronto
Jacqui said:
Congrats!! Now why can't you raise your own hibiscus? The tropical one grows well inside a home so no need for a yard even. ;)

Thanks Jacqui,

I'm located in the Toronto area so I'll have to search for one. I would assume a grow light would be needed? So it's called a tropical Hibiscus?

Shawn

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
I have a tropical one that I take inside every autum, and it flowers off and on all winter. I just put it into a bigger pot with some added top soil, and I put it in front of my sliding doors. It only gets some sun in the afternoon, but it does very well. My Cherry Head eats from it all winter, and then I just put it out again in the Spring. It is pretty big now. My CH also has just started to get marbleing. He is 16 months old now.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Shawn, I see it. It is just starting to come. Here's mine. He has a little more, but it started a while ago.

002-10.jpg

Charlet_2007

5 Year Member
terryo said:
Shawn, I see it. It is just starting to come. Here's mine. He has a little more, but it started a while ago.

002-10.jpg

is it the white gray coloring?

Status
Not open for further replies.