Jacinta and his new friend Flash.

etreal

Location (City and/or State)
Monterrey, Mexico.
Hi friends:

As I mentioned in previous posts, I purchased Jacinta as a hatchling 22 years ago. She was a slow grower, but now she is 27.6 pounds (12.5 kg) and 16.5 inches long (42 cm). For years she has been alone, but few weeks ago I got Flash, a 15 year old male who was lent to me by a friend. It was a 22 hour round trip from Monterrey to Puebla City to get him, but it has been rewarding.

Jacinta has been doing great this year, and I think she is healthy and ready for breading. Here are some pics:

T7.jpg

T8.jpg

Unfortunately, Flash is heavily pyramided, but it looks very healthy. That is why he got his name! Running from one side to another at the speed of light.
This will be my first experience breeding tortoises, so for sure I will be asking for advice.

Here is Flash:

T2.jpg

T4.jpg

T3.jpg

Best regards,

Eugenio.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
Hi friends:

As I mentioned in previous posts, I purchased Jacinta as a hatchling 22 years ago. She was a slow grower, but now she is 27.6 pounds (12.5 kg) and 16.5 inches long (42 cm). For years she has been alone, but few weeks ago I got Flash, a 15 year old male who was lent to me by a friend. It was a 22 hour round trip from Monterrey to Puebla City to get him, but it has been rewarding.

Jacinta has been doing great this year, and I think she is healthy and ready for breading. Here are some pics:

View attachment 348751

View attachment 348752

Unfortunately, Flash is heavily pyramided, but it looks very healthy. That is why he got his name! Running from one side to another at the speed of light.
This will be my first experience breeding tortoises, so for sure I will be asking for advice.

Here is Flash:

View attachment 348753

View attachment 348754

View attachment 348755

Best regards,

Eugenio.
I have no helpful information for you, but wish you good luck.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
My only info is to keep them housed separately and only putting them together under supervision for breeding. Otherwise he could put a lot of stress on her wanting to breed her to death or illness. Tortoises are not suppose to be housed in pairs.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Man-o-man, Eugenio! Jacinta is a beauty!!! You did a very good job of growing her up.

Like Wellington said, be on the alert when you have them together. It might be a good idea to only allow him in her yard to breed, then set him up in his own yard when the job's done.