Jack @ Trinas first Sulcata Tortoise

Action

Location (City and/or State)
Valley Springs, Ca.
Skittles got his bath outside in the sun today......not quite 4 months old 82g. grows about 1/2g a day.......not fast but steady.
Jack
Skittles 10-13-19 82g.jpg 10=13=19 skittles 82g.jpg

Action

Valley Springs, Ca.
so the power has been out in Ca. for 2 days......I have a small generator I have been using for Skittles. It runs out of gas at about 4 am......I have it fired back up by 5:30 am.....but it does get down to 65 f. and 95% humidity. I hope that short time does not cause problems......Power is back on now.
Jack

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
so the power has been out in Ca. for 2 days......I have a small generator I have been using for Skittles. It runs out of gas at about 4 am......I have it fired back up by 5:30 am.....but it does get down to 65 f. and 95% humidity. I hope that short time does not cause problems......Power is back on now.
Jack
I was thinking about you with the power cut-offs by PG&E. Glad to hear you are prepared best you can. I would really have to scramble to change some things if that happened to us here!

Skittles is looking good!

Action

Valley Springs, Ca.
Thanks Mark........Im trying......I could hear the generator die at 4 or so......but it takes a while to wake up.......fill with gas and get it all going again....... I need to redo all the timers but for now it is manual......maybe thur. we will be thru all this (for now) and will get it all on schedule again.
Jack

Miscally

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Thanks Mark........Im trying......I could hear the generator die at 4 or so......but it takes a while to wake up.......fill with gas and get it all going again....... I need to redo all the timers but for now it is manual......maybe thur. we will be thru all this (for now) and will get it all on schedule again.
Jack
I hope everyone is safe in California, well away from the fires. Hope the power cuts stop soon too, we've got one on Friday but only for a few hours while they cut back trees near the power lines.