Jacky And Daisy

zolasmum

5 Year Member
I was greeted with funny looks when I tried to Daisy some cucumber 🙂!

MaNaAk
When we first got Zola, his insides in general were not functioning very well - I think because he was damaged internally from being trodden on - we were determined to get fluid in him,even though he wouldn't drink, and tried offering him cucumber - thin slices, not chunks. We hand fed him, and he liked it well enough for us to put his vitamins on it. After a bit he was willing to accept other food, but he still loves to be hand-fed cucumber, and it has created a bond with him.
Angie

MaNaAk

Location (City and/or State)
Southend
Dear Zola, Seymour and Sapphire,

This is my week:

Sunday: Drowning

Tuesday: Drowning

Wednesday: I was being taken to see that man that takes invasive photos and sticks needles in me so I decided to let MaNaAk know what I thought by relieving myself as soon as we were out the door. At the vet's I had needles inserted into all four limbs and that man showed MaNaAk how to do the same! Back home to my messy partner where I was given this awful medicine.

Thursday: Drowning

Friday: Awful medicine and pricking

Saturday: Drowning

Help!

Daisy

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Dear Zola, Seymour and Sapphire,

This is my week:

Sunday: Drowning

Tuesday: Drowning

Wednesday: I was being taken to see that man that takes invasive photos and sticks needles in me so I decided to let MaNaAk know what I thought by relieving myself as soon as we were out the door. At the vet's I had needles inserted into all four limbs and that man showed MaNaAk how to do the same! Back home to my messy partner where I was given this awful medicine.

Thursday: Drowning

Friday: Awful medicine and pricking

Saturday: Drowning

Help!

Daisy
Dear Daisy - you are not having much fun, are you - my motto is "Tortoises need fun" - and I wish you could be with me when I go for a walk with my dad this afternoon. We could giggle together at the strange-looking people and watch the waves rolling on to the sand. Maybe dig a bit in the sand ourselves, and have a paddle.
I am sure you are getting better at not-drowning, and I wish I could see you.
Zola x

Cathie G

Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I said I thought zucchini was what is called courgette here in theUK - and I Googled it to make sure - but I think you thought I said cucumber !
Actually, Zola loves cucumber, but we have never tried him with courgette - I must give it a go some time soon !
Angie
I only do it for when he needs something.. And not a very big chunk when I do but I'm glad to have that to get a supplement or whatever into him. He loves it so much he'll gobble up every bit of it even with the suspicious stuff. A slit in the chunk can also have the stuff rubbed down into it but he doesn't care. If it's zucchini he eats it ☺️ I didn't think you said cucumber and also googled it. Just to make sure. He only tried cucumber but I think that was because he thought it was zucchini 😁 silly tort 🐢

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Oh sorry Zola. We hope you're basking in this weather.

Jacky and Daisy
I'm not speaking to Zola at the moment - for the first time in 21 years he has bitten me hard enough for it to bleed quite a lot! And dripped blood on my nice T-shirt of sea turtles too !!! I was giving him a slice of cucumber as he had just got back from another long walk - he was hungry, and I obviously wasn't concentrating on him - OWWW !- he had the whole end of my finger in his mouth !! I just hope he didn't like the taste of blood too much _ don't like the idea of a vampire tortoise at all.
You ladies wouldn't do that, would you?
Angie xx

MaNaAk

Southend
I'm not speaking to Zola at the moment - for the first time in 21 years he has bitten me hard enough for it to bleed quite a lot! And dripped blood on my nice T-shirt of sea turtles too !!! I was giving him a slice of cucumber as he had just got back from another long walk - he was hungry, and I obviously wasn't concentrating on him - OWWW !- he had the whole end of my finger in his mouth !! I just hope he didn't like the taste of blood too much _ don't like the idea of a vampire tortoise at all.
You ladies wouldn't do that, would you?
Angie xx
Ouch! I wouldn't be too sure Angie as I had to be careful with Daisy today! Have you put TCP on it as reptiles carry salmonella.

MaNaAk

MaNaAk

Southend
Jacky managed to scrape one of her scales whilst digging a bed Zola, Sapphire and Seymour so I've had to clean it with salt and what with Daisy as well I'm like a nurse. I will be clearing that part of their enclosure to find out how she did it.

MaNaAk

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Jacky managed to scrape one of her scales whilst digging a bed Zola, Sapphire and Seymour so I've had to clean it with salt and what with Daisy as well I'm like a nurse. I will be clearing that part of their enclosure to find out how she did it.

MaNaAk
Poor Jacky - I wonder if blood poured out, like Angie's did when I bit her? Angie has forgiven me - I sat by her foot and stroked it for a long time - that always puts her in a soppy and forgiving mood ! (she was wearing her shoes at the time - if she wasn't, I might have tried to bite her feet too )
Zola xx

MaNaAk

Southend
You probably would have done as Jacky tried to do precisely that a week ago! You sound very cute...

Hope mummy's okay now

MaNaAk

zolasmum

5 Year Member
You probably would have done as Jacky tried to do precisely that a week ago! You sound very cute...

Hope mummy's okay now

MaNaAk
Yes, mummy is all right - she thinks I am very very cute too, which is nice, whatever I do.
Zola xx

Cathie G

Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Mother nature blew up a storm today while I was out. It poured rain but today I didn't mind it I would have stayed out but mommy dearest felt I needed to get inside or she would be blown away trying to save me. I don't know how I feel right now 🤔🐢

Cathie G

Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Mother nature blew up a storm today while I was out. It poured rain but today I didn't mind it I would have stayed out but mommy dearest felt I needed to get inside or she would be blown away trying to save me. I don't know how I feel right now 🤔🐢
Woops I forgot

Sincerely,
Sapphire 😁

MaNaAk

Southend
Good morning Zola, Sapphire and Seymour,

I ended up with two injections today because I moved during the first one. Anyway MaNaAk gave me a cuddle before putting me out.

MaNaAk

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Good morning Zola, Sapphire and Seymour,

I ended up with two injections today because I moved during the first one. Anyway MaNaAk gave me a cuddle before putting me out.

MaNaAk
You are a very brave girl, Daisy - I'm sure even Jacky is proud of you.
Zola xx