Jacky And Daisy

MaNaAk

Location (City and/or State)
Southend
Good afternoon everyone,

We've had strawberries, tomatoes and lettuce and I don't mind Daisy getting extra because she has medication.

Jacky

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Good afternoon everyone,

We've had strawberries, tomatoes and lettuce and I don't mind Daisy getting extra because she has medication.

Jacky
You are a good kind and unselfish friend, Jacky, and I'm sure Daisy appreciates it.
Zola x

MaNaAk

Southend
The vet has made my day by phoning and saying that Daisy has nothing suspicious apart from inflamed joints! Yaaayyyyyy!!!!!!

MaNaAk

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Thankyou!

Jacky
Dear MaNaAk - What very good news about Daisy, and such good timing too - on your birthday. You must be feeling much better - I hope Jacky and Daisy have left you some strawberries to celebrate ! I am going to sit with Zola in a minute, and we will sing Happy Birthday to you as loudly as we can. Are you having a party? A strawberry party, perhaps?
Angie x

MaNaAk

Southend
Dear MaNaAk - What very good news about Daisy, and such good timing too - on your birthday. You must be feeling much better - I hope Jacky and Daisy have left you some strawberries to celebrate ! I am going to sit with Zola in a minute, and we will sing Happy Birthday to you as loudly as we can. Are you having a party? A strawberry party, perhaps?
Angie x
Thankyou you two and we've got more strawberries for tomorrow after Daisy's medication.

MaNaAk

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Thankyou you two and we've got more strawberries for tomorrow after Daisy's medication.

MaNaAk
I hope you heard our song !! Zola tried very hard to be as loud as possible, as Southend is a long way away.
Angie x and Zola xx

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Here is another photo for your birthday - Zola on board a boat - he quite likes the idea of being a sea-faring tortoise

Shipboard tortoise 2
Love from Zola and Angie xxx

Cathie G

Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Loud and clear thankyou both of you! It's been a fabulous day for all of us.

MaNaAk
Happy birthday to you 🎂🥳🎉 I've waited all week to say that 😂 I even wrote it on my calendar that I keep strictly for my critters 🙂

Love Cathie and Sapphire❤️🐢

zolasmum

5 Year Member
We had more strawberries today

Jacky and Daisy
What a surprise !!! I went with my dad for a walk by the sea and we met a mum with her 3 little boys, who were identical triplets! They were very pleased to meet me, of course - and I have never met triplets before, so I was very pleased to meet them, too.
Zola xx

MaNaAk

Southend
What a surprise !!! I went with my dad for a walk by the sea and we met a mum with her 3 little boys, who were identical triplets! They were very pleased to meet me, of course - and I have never met triplets before, so I was very pleased to meet them, too.
Zola xx
They must have loved you Zola.

Jacky and Daisy

MaNaAk

Southend
Dear Zola and Sapphire

We just want to know whether you two are still growing as we are about a foot long.

Jacky and Daisy

Cathie G

Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Dear Zola and Sapphire

We just want to know whether you two are still growing as we are about a foot long.

Jacky and Daisy
Sapphire is a wild caught Russian that didn't really have a great life all the way around. I got him from a Florida company I found online. He had holes in his shell between the scutes that are good now. He's only a big 5 inches but a perfect fit for me. They probably thought they fooled me but I knew what they and the wild did and decided to keep him. I wasn't about to give him back to those idiots.

Cathie

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Dear Zola and Sapphire

Jacky and Daisy
Dear Jacky and Daisy - I am about six and three quarters inches long - that's 17 cm.I weigh about 1.20 kilos.That's 2lb 4oz My mum doesn't think I shall grow much bigger - I still have some translucent bits on the edges of my shell, here and there, but they have stayed much the same for a long time. I don't really want to grow bigger as my dad can hold me comfortably in his hand when we go for our walks.(He has a special hold for when he thinks I might pee, so he can put his arm out and aim me at the grass, or whatever. I understand , and try my best to co-operate ! )

MaNaAk

Southend
We're a bit heavier than you Zola and I don't suppose the strawberries help. When MaNaAk picked us up earlier she laughed because Daisy's mouth was so red it reminded her lions devouring prey on wildlife programmes and as for she had strawberry segments around her mouth and MaNaAk tried to work how she got strawberry under her shell. We are so sorry about your bad starts in life Zola and Sapphire. There are some idiots out there who shouldn't be allowed to keep pets. The scan picked a tiny hole under Daisy's shell which could have been there when she hatched as it is invisible to the eye. The mark on top of her shell was made when she tried to visit the neighbour by tunnelling under the fence!

The scan picked up 79 years of medical history and it is the first time that Daisy has had this bar the trip to an idiot vet that diagnosed Jacky and Daisy with an underactive thyroid years ago. They were given medication and later told by another vet that their thyroids were fine! Jacky has spent 86 years with nothing!

Jacky and Daisy