Jacky And Daisy

Cathie G

Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
Also Jacky will be 87 on the 19th October would you believe it!

MaNaAk
That's so nice and 80 isn't bad either. That's so funny! Too old codgers still up to no durn good ๐Ÿ˜
Lol love
Cathie and Sapphire โค๏ธ

PS keep up the good work.๐Ÿ˜˜

MaNaAk

Southend
That's so nice and 80 isn't bad either. That's so funny! Too old codgers still up to no durn good ๐Ÿ˜
Lol love
Cathie and Sapphire โค๏ธ

PS keep up the good work.๐Ÿ˜˜
Good morning Zola and Sapphire,

I have my next appointment on Thursday.

Daisy

zolasmum

5 Year Member

Daisy
Hello Daisy
I hope your appointment goes well.
I thought you and Jacky might like to see this photo of me a couple of days ago. My dad and I were walking on the cliff path, and stopped by an old lookout known as the Pepperpot because of its shape. I was looking down on the small seaside town of Bude, in Cornwall.
Love from Zola xxx

MaNaAk

Southend
Hello Daisy
I hope your appointment goes well.
I thought you and Jacky might like to see this photo of me a couple of days ago. My dad and I were walking on the cliff path, and stopped by an old lookout known as the Pepperpot because of its shape. I was looking down on the small seaside town of Bude, in Cornwall.
Love from Zola xxx
Thankyou Zola.

It sounds nice but sadly we can't see the photo.

Daisy

MaNaAk

Southend
Good evening everyone.

I admit that I'm a bit anxious about but with the enclosure arriving on Tuesday I hope that by the weekend I can think that Daisy can be settled for winter. The vet said that Daisy having a biopsy on her kidneys at her age is risky. I also have to accept that he may decide that she's not fit for an operation as she probably thinks she's going into hibernation so if he was to give her more medication whilst she settles into the new enclosure I'd be quite pleased because I don't want her to have an operation if she's not up to it.

Natrah

PS: She will also be spayed. The blood tests that she a few months ago showed that her kidneys were okay so I think that the unfertilised eggs have something to do with it. I am compiling a list of questions for the vet.

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Good evening everyone.

I admit that I'm a bit anxious about but with the enclosure arriving on Tuesday I hope that by the weekend I can think that Daisy can be settled for winter. The vet said that Daisy having a biopsy on her kidneys at her age is risky. I also have to accept that he may decide that she's not fit for an operation as she probably thinks she's going into hibernation so if he was to give her more medication whilst she settles into the new enclosure I'd be quite pleased because I don't want her to have an operation if she's not up to it.

Natrah

PS: She will also be spayed. The blood tests that she a few months ago showed that her kidneys were okay so I think that the unfertilised eggs have something to do with it. I am compiling a list of questions for the vet.
I think you are quite right to get absolutely clear what the vet thinks. Is spaying a major operation? How do they do it? I can see that it might be good to get rid of those eggs, but if her kidneys are ok, why does she need a biopsy?
Poor little Daisy! Zola will write to her if she doesn't hibernate!
It has been really cold today, but Richard has now lit the fire, and I will sit with Zola by it for a bit. It is hard to believe that quite recently, we had to go for extra drives in the car, so we could have the air conditioning on !!
Angie xx

MaNaAk

Southend
I think you are quite right to get absolutely clear what the vet thinks. Is spaying a major operation? How do they do it? I can see that it might be good to get rid of those eggs, but if her kidneys are ok, why does she need a biopsy?
Poor little Daisy! Zola will write to her if she doesn't hibernate!
It has been really cold today, but Richard has now lit the fire, and I will sit with Zola by it for a bit. It is hard to believe that quite recently, we had to go for extra drives in the car, so we could have the air conditioning on !!
Angie xx
I suppose they want to be very thorough although I read that if a tortoise is impacted (which I think Daisy probably is) this can affect her going to the toilet. She has had trouble going to the toilet but could well do something on the way to the vets. I don't want her to have a risky operation if she's not fit. It was nice in the sun here but it is colder this evening.

If Daisy has the UVB light again it would be nice to think she could keep this room warm.

Natrah

Cathie G

Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster

Daisy
Dear Daisy

I'm glad you have a good vet that is trying to do the right thing for you. And a good Mom too. Hopes and prayers for you ๐Ÿ’

Sapphire ๐Ÿข

MaNaAk

Southend
Dear Daisy

I'm glad you have a good vet that is trying to do the right thing for you. And a good Mom too. Hopes and prayers for you ๐Ÿ’

Sapphire ๐Ÿข
Thankyou Sapphire. Unfortunately madam was up to her tricks when Natrah was out again today. Your mum sounds lovely as well.

Daisy

AmandaF

Congresbury
Dear MaNaAk & Cathy

i hope you are well.
I think Jacky was trying to see how much different things weigh, so she could try & get them to weigh more than her. Lol

love Ernie

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Dear MaNaAk & Cathy

i hope you are well.
I think Jacky was trying to see how much different things weigh, so she could try & get them to weigh more than her. Lol

love Ernie
Of course, that explains what Jacky was doing - scientific curiosity !!
Zola x

Cathie G

Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Humans are always underestimating tortoises -we have a lot of time to puzzle out the secrets of the universe.
Zola x
Yes and since they are busy doing lots of stuff to take care of us their back is turned for a minute ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‰

Sapphire ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿข

Cathie G

Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Dear MaNaAk & Cathy

i hope you are well.

love Ernie
Thank you I am well. Laughter is the best medicine and I just got a good dose of it.๐Ÿ˜Š

Cathie ๐Ÿ˜˜

MaNaAk

Southend
Good morning Zola, Sapphire and Ernie,

We are just letting you know that people are constantly asking MaNaAk our ages and they usually gasp when they find out how old we are. They then have a discussion about the secrets of long life which usually ends with a discussion on how humans should follow our example. We have also heard MaNaAk and her friends discussing how humans do more damage to the planet than any other species and we totally agree.

Jacky and Daisy

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Good morning Zola, Sapphire and Ernie,

We are just letting you know that people are constantly asking MaNaAk our ages and they usually gasp when they find out how old we are. They then have a discussion about the secrets of long life which usually ends with a discussion on how humans should follow our example. We have also heard MaNaAk and her friends discussing how humans do more damage to the planet than any other species and we totally agree.

Jacky and Daisy
My mum agrees absolutely - humans do practically all the immense damage to the planet -other creatures individually may do some damage, but usually only stuff that regrows or repairs itself.
I wonder if you have any suggestions for long life, Jacky - and do they involve mops ?
Zola xx

MaNaAk

Southend
My mum agrees absolutely - humans do practically all the immense damage to the planet -other creatures individually may do some damage, but usually only stuff that regrows or repairs itself.
I wonder if you have any suggestions for long life, Jacky - and do they involve mops ?
Zola xx
Yes because they involve climbing which means exercise. Exercise, eating and taking things slowly is the answer.

Jacky