Jacky And Daisy

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Dear Natrah
Zola and I will be thinking about you and Daisy tomorrow - I do hope all goes well and that you get all the answers you need.
Love from us both
Zola and Angie xxx

Cathie G

Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
Dear Natrah,

Sapphire and I second that with zolasmum. I'm glad Daisy's in good hands with your vet. At least it looks like you are. I'm glad the vet is taking into account her age and what's best for her.

Cathie 😘

MaNaAk

Southend
Good morning everyone,

Natrah and I are travelling on a bus to see the man that keeps prodding me. Jacky is fast asleep in the pet carrier and has never been on a bus. Thankyou for your kind thoughts. I can't see anything at the moment as I am in a shopping trolley.

Daisy

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Good morning everyone,

Natrah and I are travelling on a bus to see the man that keeps prodding me. Jacky is fast asleep in the pet carrier and has never been on a bus. Thankyou for your kind thoughts. I can't see anything at the moment as I am in a shopping trolley
Dear Daisy -I have never been on a bus or in a shopping trolley. I think you are extremely brave.
Love from Zola xxx

MaNaAk

Southend
Dear Daisy -I have never been on a bus or in a shopping trolley. I think you are extremely brave.
Love from Zola xxx
Dear Zola, Sapphire and Ernie,

We are on our way home. I have been prodded and turned on my back for all to see! We were told that my lumps are going down and that I need to come back in a month to see whether I am suitable for a biopsy. First of all I was cold and sleepy and secondly I need my new enclosure to be set up. Anyway Natrah seems to be happy and perhaps now she can stop waking up in the middle of the night and worrying!

Daisy

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Dear Zola, Sapphire and Ernie,

We are on our way home. I have been prodded and turned on my back for all to see! We were told that my lumps are going down and that I need to come back in a month to see whether I am suitable for a biopsy. First of all I was cold and sleepy and secondly I need my new enclosure to be set up. Anyway Natrah seems to be happy and perhaps now she can stop waking up in the middle of the night and worrying!

Daisy
Dear Daisy - I am very glad you are back safely, and that the vet was pleased with your progress. I expect Natrah feels better now - it is a big responsibility looking after two treasures like you and Jacky, and I am not surprised she has been waking up in the night and worrying. My mum is the same, when she thinks there is something wrong with me.
I hope you are getting a nice rest now. I have had an interesting time visiting my friend David, who is quite old, but when he was younger, he met a tortoise called Jonathan, who is still alive and is now said to be the oldest tortoise in the world !!
Love from Zola xxx

zolasmum

5 Year Member
DearJacky and Daisy - I wonder if you have had the sort of weather we have had - it has been cold, with very heavy rain, and really windy - not tortoise weather at all. My dad took me for a very short walk to look at the sea, and it was quite dramatic, but I was glad to get into his coat again. This afternoon,he lit a fire, and I sat beside it on my mum - that was very nice, and she stroked me while we watched the flames. I hope MaNaAk is all right in the cold - growing up in a much warmer place might make it harder for her. I expect you two are looking after her and making her laugh !
Love from Zola xxx

MaNaAk

Southend
Dear Zola,

We went outside at for a few hours at lunchtime and then we had to come in again because MaNaAk needed to go out but that's when the rain started! She came back very wet and put us to bed she seemed pleased to see that Daisy had been moving about though. She is going to try and put Daisy's enclosure up tomorrow.

Jacky and Daisy

PS: Jacky how do you expect MaNaAk to mop the floor?

AmandaF

Congresbury
Good evening everyone,

Ernie and Zola you have been very busy with your parents. Let me tell you what I did today when MaNaAk went out to get Daisy's present I decided to aim for the mop and scales. When she came back with the enclosure which needs to be assembled she removed me and put me back with Daisy before going out to do shopping. When she came she found me on the mop again and this time I was put outside. Anyway Daisy's enclosure should look very nice and I've heard MaNaAk telling her friends that I may need it in the future.

Jacky

Yippee it's arrived!

Daisy

I hope the Pellet Hay substrate is okay.

Natrah
Good afternoon Jacky, Daisy & Zola

What have you been up to? Have you been behaving Jacky? I hope you have stayed off the mop & scales.

AmandaF

Congresbury
Dear Natrah,

Sapphire and I second that with zolasmum. I'm glad Daisy's in good hands with your vet. At least it looks like you are. I'm glad the vet is taking into account her age and what's best for her.

Cathie 😘
Good afternoon Jackie, Daisy, Zola & Saphire

I hope you are being good Jackie? No more playing with the mop or scales. I had a nice soak in the bath today, I needed it as I was avery dirty little girl today.
lots of love to you all
Ernie 😊😊🛀

MaNaAk

Southend
Dear Ernie,

Jacky and Daisy are outside and both want to go to bed early which Jacky can do as for Daisy she can't hibernate so I shall give her a soak later to keep her awake. I have got as far as unpacking the enclosure but I need to go shopping tomorrow to get a mallet. It says to build the vivarium on a solid and level but I shall have to do it on the carpeted floor.

MaNaAk

PS: I could start it on the table.

MaNaAk

Southend
What I mean is that I could work on the table eventhough the vivarium will be on the floor.

MaNaAk

zolasmum

5 Year Member
What I mean is that I could work on the table eventhough the vivarium will be on the floor.

MaNaAk
Hello from Angie. Zola is out with his dad at the moment - it was quite sunny when they set off, but it is much greyer now, so they may be back soon. I hope your enclosure isn't difficult to fix - and that you will take photos of it when it's done. I hope young Daisy will appreciate it.
Angie x
p. s Zola's dad has just brought him in - they had a sunny walk, but it started to rain as soon as they got in the car to come home, and hasn't stopped since.

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Dear Natrah, I just had a thought - don't leave your mallet lying about anywhere near Jacky - her "scientific curiosity" just might inspire her to experiment with it - on your scales, your mop - or even on Daisy !!
Goodnight to all of you from Zola xxx

MaNaAk

Southend
T
Dear Natrah, I just had a thought - don't leave your mallet lying about anywhere near Jacky - her "scientific curiosity" just might inspire her to experiment with it - on your scales, your mop - or even on Daisy !!
Goodnight to all of you from Zola xxx
Thankyou Zola.

I'm afraid Jacky flipped as she tried to climb in the flower beds today but she's okay. I know you have a box but I was wondering whether Ernie and Sapphire have vivariums also how old is Jonathan?

Good night everyone

Natrah, Jacky and Daisy

zolasmum

5 Year Member
T

Thankyou Zola.

I'm afraid Jacky flipped as she tried to climb in the flower beds today but she's okay. I know you have a box but I was wondering whether Ernie and Sapphire have vivariums also how old is Jonathan?

Good night everyone

Natrah, Jacky and Daisy
Jonathan is 184 years old now - if you look through the threads in General Tortoise Discussion, you will find one I wrote called A Photo of Jonathan the oldest tortoise in the world in 1948 - which is about him - and also shows Zola and his friend David.
Angie

MaNaAk

Southend
Jonathan is 184 years old now - if you look through the threads in General Tortoise Discussion, you will find one I wrote called A Photo of Jonathan the oldest tortoise in the world in 1948 - which is about him - and also shows Zola and his friend David.
Angie
Wow just seen it. Is Jonathan an Aldabra tortoise?

MaNaAk

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Wow just seen it. Is Jonathan an Aldabra tortoise?

MaNaAk
It's a nice story, isn't it ! Jonathan is indeed an Aldabra - and it was lovely getting the photo of him in his relative youth from David. Richard says he thinks that Jonathan is in fact aged 190, from something he read.
David says that meeting Jonathan made a great impression on him, but he had never had much to do with tortoises since that time, and he was so pleased to meet Zola and become friends with him - we try to call on David at least once a week, and as his house is near the cliff path that Richard also takes Zola along for his walk, they often meet up then, too.
Angie xxx
P.S. Just seen your post about the moth - I hope Jacky won't mop him up !