Jacky And Daisy

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Dear Zola and Sapphire,

Zola do you ever try and hide from Angie? Daisy and Sapphire do. CathieG's heart melts when she sees those big eyes as does your mum when you've finished fidgeting. Daisy was good at disappearing but we used to be so pleased to find her again. One memorable time was when mum and I looked all over the garden and madam was probably sneaking in the backdoor because she turned up in the telephone directory. Jacky was actually pretty good but she sometimes followed Daisy on to the flower beds.

Natrah and Sleeping Beauty
Dear Natrah - Zola has gone to bed, but I can tell you he really likes to hide in different places in his conservatory. It was a lot easier for him when he was smaller, but he still manages to hide behind piles of papers and stuff -however, he spoils it all by giving himself away by scuffling about and suddenly appearing if he hears one of us come in ! If he doesn't appear, we know something is wrong, and have to look for him -on his back somewhere, usually.
How did Daisy get in the telephone directory? Was it sort of folded round her when you discovered her ?
Love to you and the Sleeping Beauty from Angie and Zola xxx

MaNaAk

Location (City and/or State)
Southend
Dear Natrah - Zola has gone to bed, but I can tell you he really likes to hide in different places in his conservatory. It was a lot easier for him when he was smaller, but he still manages to hide behind piles of papers and stuff -however, he spoils it all by giving himself away by scuffling about and suddenly appearing if he hears one of us come in ! If he doesn't appear, we know something is wrong, and have to look for him -on his back somewhere, usually.
How did Daisy get in the telephone directory? Was it sort of folded round her when you discovered her ?
Love to you and the Sleeping Beauty from Angie and Zola xxx
Dear Angie,

She got in through the back door when mum was putting Jacky to bed and made her way to the hall. There she climbed on to the telephone directory which was on a shelf of the telephone table!

Natrah

MaNaAk

Southend
Good evening everyone

how are you all? I have been thinking of you NataAk.
I love the photos.
Ernie is getting over a cold, she is much better now, thank goodness. She is much more like herself today.
love Amanda x
Keep getting better Ernie I'm okay but I keep seeing Daisy in her enclosure.

Natrah

Cathie G

Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster

Natrah
Dear Natrah,
I think you'll see Daisy in her enclosure forevermore. To have an animal that long in the family is what I can only hope to do. The way I figure it, I need to try and live about 40 or more years (if I've managed to keep Sapphire healthier than the wild ones) I got Sapphire around 2007πŸ’• they're not forgettable 🐒

Cathie πŸ€—πŸ’

MaNaAk

Southend
Dear Natrah,
I think you'll see Daisy in her enclosure forevermore. To have an animal that long in the family is what I can only hope to do. The way I figure it, I need to try and live about 40 or more years (if I've managed to keep Sapphire healthier than the wild ones) I got Sapphire around 2007πŸ’• they're not forgettable 🐒

Cathie πŸ€—πŸ’
They are such characters.

MaNaAk

MaNaAk

Southend

Natrah
How are today Ernie? Are you drinking enough fluids? It's getting colder now so I might give Jacky more bedding. How have you two been Sapphire and Leo? How about you Zola I hope you haven't been fidgeting? I'm okay but I have a cold and I think this was partly caused by Daisy's passing.

MaNaAk

AmandaF

Congresbury
Dear Natrah,

Cathie πŸ€—πŸ’
Sometimes we see with the eyes of our hearts, and you are seeing Daisy as you love & miss her. I was going into the park one day & saw a dog sat with a lady who was on the bench. When I reached her, I said where is your dog? It was just sat by you. Her dog had passed a few days before. I know I saw a dog there.
Xx

zolasmum

5 Year Member
How are today Ernie? Are you drinking enough fluids? It's getting colder now so I might give Jacky more bedding. How have you two been Sapphire and Leo? How about you Zola I hope you haven't been fidgeting? I'm okay but I have a cold and I think this was partly caused by Daisy's passing.

MaNaAk
Dear Natrah - I hope you've had a good day. Zola has been much calmer today,and this evening he sat on my lap for the football and I had my hand loosely over his head - I could feel him breathing rhythmically and deeply, so I know he was asleep. He has gone to bed now, of course, but would wish you a peaceful night if he were awake - and so do I.
Angie xxx

MaNaAk

Southend
Good morning everyone.

Nearly two weeks on and I'm still shedding tears for Daisy. I miss her so much and having a cold doesn't help. I probably got this cold because of the stress but it is gradually going. I keep reminding myself of what her shell felt like and her character.

MaNaAk

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Good morning everyone.

Nearly two weeks on and I'm still shedding tears for Daisy. I miss her so much and having a cold doesn't help. I probably got this cold because of the stress but it is gradually going. I keep reminding myself of what her shell felt like and her character.

MaNaAk
Dear Natrah - I'm so sorry you've got a cold - these things hit you when you are run down, don't they.Of course you will keep remembering dear little Daisy, and missing her - she and Jacky have been an important part of your life for so long, and a link to your family - talk about her on the forum as much as you like - a lot of people here have experienced losses of their tortoises, though few will have known theirs for so many years.
I hope your cold gets better soon.
Love from Angie xxx

MaNaAk

Southend
Th
Dear Natrah - I'm so sorry you've got a cold - these things hit you when you are run down, don't they.Of course you will keep remembering dear little Daisy, and missing her - she and Jacky have been an important part of your life for so long, and a link to your family - talk about her on the forum as much as you like - a lot of people here have experienced losses of their tortoises, though few will have known theirs for so many years.
I hope your cold gets better soon.
Love from Angie xxx
Thankyou Angie,

I think it's gradually going. I must get a framed picture of her to put in the enclosure. I must also look forward to when Jacky wakes up and makes mischief! I remember going down with Shingles after putting dad in the care home and having trouble with my sinuses after his death. I hope you're okay Angie and that Zola isn't fidgeting.

Natrah

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Th

Thankyou Angie,

I think it's gradually going. I must get a framed picture of her to put in the enclosure. I must also look forward to when Jacky wakes up and makes mischief! I remember going down with Shingles after putting dad in the care home and having trouble with my sinuses after his death. I hope you're okay Angie and that Zola isn't fidgeting.

Natrah
Jacky will have to be twice as naughty when she wakes up,to keep you busy and entertained, so you don't have the time to miss Daisy as much !!!
love from Angie xxx

Cathie G

Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Good morning everyone.

MaNaAk
πŸ’• Get well soon πŸ€—πŸ™πŸ™‚ any nightmares I have now are about losing Sapphire or his shell falls apart, and I've only had him for 15 years. I woke up crying after one of the nightmares. So I can just only imagine what it's like to lose a lifelong family heirloom like a tortoise. It's so wonderful that Daisy got to live a long life because she was with your family all those years though. That's really a beautiful life for her and I hope I can do the same for Sapphire. What is it about torts that makes us become so dedicated πŸ€—

Cathie πŸ’πŸ’•

zolasmum

5 Year Member
πŸ’• Get well soon πŸ€—πŸ™πŸ™‚ any nightmares I have now are about losing Sapphire or his shell falls apart, and I've only had him for 15 years. I woke up crying after one of the nightmares. So I can just only imagine what it's like to lose a lifelong family heirloom like a tortoise. It's so wonderful that Daisy got to live a long life because she was with your family all those years though. That's really a beautiful life for her and I hope I can do the same for Sapphire. What is it about torts that makes us become so dedicated πŸ€—

Cathie πŸ’πŸ’•
We have had Zola 21 years, and I still have nightmares about losing him, and wake up crying, and have to get up and touch his shell while he is asleep before I can do anything else. I usually dream he is in some vast rocky wasteland, wandering around in semi-darkness, with lots of other tortoises around - I have to try to find him amongst them all. I am so glad to wake up!
I do hope you will get over your cold soon, Natrah. As Cathie says, it is wonderful that Daisy and Jacky were cared for so well for so long by your family, and by you - you can feel very proud of that.
Zola has been very lively today, but as it has been very cold, he hasn't been or done anything exciting.
Take care of yourself. Love from Zola and from me...
Angie xxx

AmandaF

Congresbury
Dear Natrah - I hope you've had a good day. Zola has been much calmer today,and this evening he sat on my lap for the football and I had my hand loosely over his head - I could feel him breathing rhythmically and deeply, so I know he was asleep. He has gone to bed now, of course,a Natrah - I hope you've had a good day. Zola has been mu today,and this evening he sat on my lap for the football and I had my hand loosely over his head - I could feel him breathing rhythmically and deeply, so I know he was asleep. He has gone to bed now, of course, but would wish you a peaceful night if he were awake - and so do I.
Angie xxx
Dear MaNaAk
How are you feeling? I hope you get over your cold quickly. Yes I have been drinking plenty, I always do. I have been very good, I l

MaNaAk
Dear Natrah - I hope you've had a good day. Zola has been much calmer today,and this evening he sat on my lap for the football and I had my hand loosely over his head - I could feel him breathing rhythmically and deeply, so I know he was asleep. He has gone to bed now, of course, but would wish you a peaceful night if he were awake - and so do I.
Angie xxx
Dear MaNaAk
yes I’m drinking plenty, I am much better now thank you. I hope you get over your cold soon. Thinking of you. Love Ernie xxx

MaNaAk

Southend
Dear Zola, Sapphire, Ernie, Angie, CathieG and AmandaF,

Thankyou all so much and Ernie I'm pleased you are all doing well. My cold is getting better and I am more able to deal with the grief but it has come back this morning because I can't believe it was two weeks ago. I've lost beloved pets before but when you lose an eighty year old Tortoise I can't describe it because she was so special. I'm I've shed a few tears this morning but as most of us know that your grieving the mornings are the worse because you wake up and remember.

Natrah

AmandaF

Congresbury

Thankyou all so much and Ernie I'm pleased you are all doing well. My cold is getting better and I am more able to deal with the grief but it has come back this morning because I can't believe it was two weeks ago. I've lost beloved pets before but when you lose an eighty year old Tortoise I can't describe it because she was so special. I'm I've shed a few tears this morning but as most of us know that your grieving the mornings are the worse because you wake up and remember.

Natrah
Dear Natrah,
we cant imagine how you feel, but we think of you often. Love Ernie & Amanda xx

zolasmum

5 Year Member

Natrah
Dear Natrah - Zola and I have had a fairly quiet day today - we sat in the car while his dad did lots of bits of shopping - including getting some watercress, which Zola likes, and then in the afternoon, he played with my feet for a long time in his conservatory - then he sat on my lap while we watched tv. We thought of you a lot, and hope you are feeling a bit better altogether.
Love and best wishes from Zola and me
Angie xxx

MaNaAk

Southend
Dear Natrah,
we cant imagine how you feel, but we think of you often. Love Ernie & Amanda xx
Thankyou you two. Ernie how are feeling today? I hope you're a lot better. Zola and Sapphire we've had a wonderful sunset here. The last orchestra rehearsal went well and I am meeting two orchestral friends for coffee before Xmas. We will be meeting at my friend Jenny's house and her cakes are delicious. Daisy was never invited in for cakes when she turned up in the neighbours garden! The neighbour was more concerned about her plants and yet when the rabbits turned up she seemed to be quite pleased.

Natrah and Sleeping Beauty