Jacky And Daisy

LeoTheWaywardTortoise

Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Maricopa, AZ
I still want to hear of the adventures of Zola, Sapphire, Ernie and Leo although Jacky is hibernating. Jacky gave me permission to talk about her memories of Daisy. I miss giving her a cuddle 😍.

Natrah 🐢
As I type, it’s 5:29 p.m. and the sun set about 20 minutes ago. Leo, who was cooped up in his indoor enclosure over the weekend due to inclement weather, is still patrolling outside. It’s 61F/16C right now, and temps will drop fast since there’s no cloud cover. I’ll go retrieve him in five minutes and he’ll snuggle up under the CHE for the night. Sending you, Angie, Cathie, and all the critters - shelled or not - a wonderful night/day. 🐢💕❤️

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Good morning everyone,

I've just given Jacky more bedding and touched her beautiful shell.

Natrah

PS: Three weeks since Daisy and part of me still thinks she's here.
good morning Natrah - I think you will always feel that Daisy is still there - she has been in your life for so long - but hopefully you will feel more able to accept it in time. Zola still says goodnight to her as well as to Jacky every night.
Angie xxx

MaNaAk

Southend
Good morning everyone,

Natrah

PS: Three weeks since Daisy part of me still thinks she's here.
good morning Natrah - I think you will always feel that Daisy is still there - she has been in your life for so long - but hopefully you will feel more able to accept it in time. Zola still says goodnight to her as well as to Jacky every night.
Angie xxx
Oh thankyou Zola and Angie. I don't suppose Zola can get out in this weather and I picture you all by the fire. How are you these days?

Natrah

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Good morning everyone,

Natrah

PS: Three weeks since Daisy part of me still thinks she's here.

Oh thankyou Zola and Angie. I don't suppose Zola can get out in this weather and I picture you all by the fire. How are you these days?

Natrah
Zola is fine - he is coming out with us to the dentist later today - the dentist is not for him, only us, of course ! Then we will go for a look at the sea. He may not actually come out of the car, depending on the weather, but he likes the drive, anyway, sitting on my lap.
Tomorrow he goes to Barnstaple to get some more radicchio - I hope to get enough to last him into the New Year. If it's sunny, it is a very pretty drive in some parts with the trees mostly orange and yellow. I can generally get other stuff for him locally, but not radicchio, which is his favourite,
I am feeling rather better now, but I don't think I will be having any more head injections until the New Year - the hospitals will be much too busy.- but I hope it won't be for too long. Is your cold better yet?
Love from Zola and Angie xxx

MaNaAk

Southend
Zola is fine - he is coming out with us to the dentist later today - the dentist is not for him, only us, of course ! Then we will go for a look at the sea. He may not actually come out of the car, depending on the weather, but he likes the drive, anyway, sitting on my lap.
Tomorrow he goes to Barnstaple to get some more radicchio - I hope to get enough to last him into the New Year. If it's sunny, it is a very pretty drive in some parts with the trees mostly orange and yellow. I can generally get other stuff for him locally, but not radicchio, which is his favourite,
I am feeling rather better now, but I don't think I will be having any more head injections until the New Year - the hospitals will be much too busy.- but I hope it won't be for too long. Is your cold better yet?
Love from Zola and Angie xxx
Dear Angie,

How was the dentist? Did either of you need any dental work? Zola did you get to see the nurse? If tomorrow is anything like today you'll all get to Barnstaple for Radicchio.

My day didn't come to much one pupil was in a school concert and her sister who is another pupil went to see her then a third pupil wasn't well so I just went out to deliver Xmas cards. I saw the mother of three of my former pupils today and we had a cup of tea together.

Goodnight Zola and Angie

from

Natrah and Sleeping Beauty

zolasmum

5 Year Member
I forgot to say that my cold is much better.

Natrah
Dear Natrah - I am very glad your cold is getting better at last. My mum and dad both had nothing for the dentist to do this time, except a little polish- and a little chat - but there may be something for my mum to have done next time. The dentist is a very nice lady, and I have met her once when we were out, but I stayed in the car, all wrapped up, today. Then we had a quick look at the sea and came home. Tomorrow we have to go out early to Barnstaple, but I can always sleep some more on my mum's lap in the car !
Goodnight to you and the lovely Sleeping Beauty from Zola xxx

MaNaAk

Southend
Good morning everyone,

Leo - I am still picturing you on a doorstep! What a lovely surprise you were!

Zola - I hope you enjoy that radicchio and the lovely drive to Barnstaple. I can't imagine you'll be out much in this weather.

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Agree, but I adore my cats, too, yet they don’t inspire the same nightmares. I‘d chalked it up to the newness of being a tortoise guardian and my fear that I’ll do something wrong in caring for him.

I am beyond grateful for this forum. I’m not sure if it’s because they crawl, specifically, but the care they require definitely has something to do with it. My husband has yet to even pick Leo up - he’s a little afraid of hurting him - but I think all the work involved in keeping him safe, happy, healthy, and hydrated has given me a bond with Leo.
I think it might be partly because they are such alien little creatures - rather like ET - and so the bond
Good morning everyone,

Leo - I am still picturing you on a doorstep! What a lovely surprise you were!

Zola - I hope you enjoy that radicchio and the lovely drive to Barnstaple. I can't imagine you'll be out much in this weather.

Hello Natrah - we were afraid that the road to Barnstaple would be really icy, but although there was some frost around, it was sunny, and the roads were pretty clear. Everything looked lovely - tunnels of gold and copper trees, with the sunlight shining through, and the sky was bright blue. The new place we go for the radicchio is a huge warehouse full of all kinds of fruit and vegetables -the man who runs it was very pleased to see me again, and when he came back with the new radicchios, they were huge -he had obviously chosen the biggest ones he had !
Mostly his drivers deliver the food to shops, so it made a change for him to have us going directly to him. And of course, I am the only tortoise to go there, ever !!
I was warm in the car, but it was very cold outside - when we got back, I went in my warm hide for a rest - then this afternoon, I had a rest by the fire with my mum- she nearly went to sleep.So it was a good day for me today.
I hope you had a good day too.
Love to you and Sleeping Beauty from Zola xxx (and Angie xx)

MaNaAk

Southend
Dear Zola,

It was a cold day but I managed to get presents for my brother and his family before going to teach. Please could you ask your parents to send pictures of you eating radicchio so that I can encourage Jacky to eat some. Apart from dandelions, grass and weeds she likes carrot tops (like Leo), Romaine lettuce, tomatoes, mushrooms, greens and strawberries although she has eaten mint before. There was a very pretty sunset here but I imagine it was pretty there as well. It must be very cosy in your house.

Goodnight Zola, Angie, Sapphire, Ernie, Leo, Cathie, Amanda and Leo's parents

Natrah, Sleeping Beauty and angel Daisy

AmandaF

Congresbury
Agree, but I adore my cats, too, yet they don’t inspire the same nightmares. I‘d chalked it up to the newness of being a tortoise guardian and my fear that I’ll do something wrong in caring for him.

I am beyond grateful for this forum. I’m not sure if it’s because they crawl, specifically, but the care they require definitely has something to do with it. My husband has yet to even pick Leo up - he’s a little afraid of hurting him - but I think all the work involved in keeping him safe, happy, healthy, and hydrated has given me a bond with Leo.
Good evening everyone,

I hope you're all okay. Zola, Ernie and Sapphire are you all warm enough? Leo is it warm where you are? I have the window open in Jacky's room but I shall close it when it gets colder. I still shed a tear over little Daisy and I shall always miss her.

Natrah
Good evening Natrah, Cathy, Zolasmum, Zola, Jacky & Sapphire & Leo

Everytime I get up in the night I check on Ernie, I agree this site is amazing. Thinking of you Natrah & sending you all a hug. Amanda & Ernie

LeoTheWaywardTortoise

Platinum Tortoise Club
Maricopa, AZ
Radicchio is Leo’s favorite, too, at least of the foods he is allowed to eat on a regular basis (he adores strawberries and raspberries even more, but being a Sulcata, he only gets a taste if I’m trying to lure him from wherever he’s hiding).
Dear Leo, Sapphire and Ernie,

I would like to find a tortoise on my doorstep and I think that Leo and his previous chose his current parents!

Goodnight Leo, Sapphire and Ernie

We feel so lucky that Leo came into our lives! He is such a character. I’ve been under the weather since Sunday, and each day I felt sicker than the last. Thursday afternoon and evening were the worst - head and chest congestion, awful cough, fever… I haven’t had a cold since 2005, and this one got me good. I couldn’t tend to the critters Thursday evening, so my husband fed the cats and brought Leo in. This was his first time picking up Leo… he was afraid he’d get bitten (Leo doesn’t bite) but all went well.
I forgot to say that my cold is much better.

Natrah
I’m so glad you’re feeling better!

Sending love to all of you and your lovely torts. 🐢❤️💕

Cathie G

Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Radicchio is Leo’s favorite, too, at least of the foods he is allowed to eat on a regular basis (he adores strawberries and raspberries even more, but being a Sulcata, he only gets a taste if I’m trying to lure him from wherever he’s hiding).

We feel so lucky that Leo came into our lives! He is such a character. I’ve been under the weather since Sunday, and each day I felt sicker than the last. Thursday afternoon and evening were the worst - head and chest congestion, awful cough, fever… I haven’t had a cold since 2005, and this one got me good. I couldn’t tend to the critters Thursday evening, so my husband fed the cats and brought Leo in. This was his first time picking up Leo… he was afraid he’d get bitten (Leo doesn’t bite) but all went well.

I’m so glad you’re feeling better!

Sending love to all of you and your lovely torts. 🐢❤️💕
🤗🙏🤗🙏🤣 😁😁I'm hoping and praying for you don't get me wrong. But Leo really is on his own path worming his way into everyone's heart ❤️🐢🐢😁

MaNaAk

Southend
🤗🙏🤗🙏🤣 😁😁I'm hoping and praying for you don't get me wrong. But Leo really is on his own path worming his way into everyone's heart ❤️🐢🐢😁
He certainly is because I'm still picturing his parents surprise at finding a Sulcata on their doorstep! He has a place in our hearts alongwith Sapphire, Zola and Ernie.

Goodnight everyone

Natrah, Sleeping Beauty and Angel Daisy

Cathie G

Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Well.. if a sulcata showed up at my front door I'd have to invite the darling in and find out what home the darling escaped from like Leo's parents tried to do. Where I live the 🐢 would have to be an escapee. I can't believe someone would just turn a sulcata that old loose where I live but people do. So Leo would be a keeper and the losers would have to prove themselves to get the 🐢 back. And I don't even want a tortoise that big for heavens sake.

Cathie 🤗

MaNaAk

Southend
Well.. if a sulcata showed up at my front door I'd have to invite the darling in and find out what home the darling escaped from like Leo's parents tried to do. Where I live the 🐢 would have to be an escapee. I can't believe someone would just turn a sulcata that old loose where I live but people do. So Leo would be a keeper and the losers would have to prove themselves to get the 🐢 back. And I don't even want a tortoise that big for heavens sake.

Cathie 🤗
I would do the same and give him a rub first. How is old Leo and how is Sapphire?

Natrah 🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢