Jamie's new novel is now available!

jsheffield

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Westmoreland, NH
wbw.jpg

My latest novel, the first in a new series, has just gone live on amazon (and I've got copies on the way to me in case you'd like a signed or inscribed copy).

It's something between a cozy mystery, a detective story, and a tortoise-rescue diary....

An unlikely pair of detectives just trying to hide out in New Hampshire get drawn into a murder investigation.

Rafael Flores and Elmore Esbjornsson are hiding out from the world they used to live in, a world that tried, and very nearly succeeded, in killing them. They fill their days caring for a young girl that got swept up in the bloody mess at the confluence of all of their old lives, and also in caring for a group of rescue tortoises.

It's a new life as close to perfect for all of them as their shattered lives could be when reassembled... until, that is, their mostly fake detective agency gets pulled into a real murder mystery with a real killer, at which point Rafe and Elmore have to solve the murder and catch the bad guy.

The following link will help you find out more about my books and/or order copies if you're interested: https://linktr.ee/jamiesheffield

Thanks,

Jamie

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Congrats!
I have a couple kids in my family that are big readers. Christmas gifts already done but still have birthdays coming next year. What's the age limit for this book?

jsheffield

5 Year Member
Westmoreland, NH
Congrats!
I have a couple kids in my family that are big readers. Christmas gifts already done but still have birthdays coming next year. What's the age limit for this book?
This is probably ok for 15 and up, some violence and profanity, but nothing graphic or horrific.

For younger readers, I've published two children's books, also dealing with tortoises....

Jamie

Reactions: Ink

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Bummer! I just looked for your book on Amazon and it isn't available on Kindle, which is my mode of transportation!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
. . . and I forgot to mention, cozy mysteries are my current go to stories!

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Congratulations.....love seeing folks published! Reading truly is fundamental!

The kids books, what level? Are they first readers? 2nd grade? 6th?

To me, they look like 4-5th but I can ask the AUTHOR, so why not! LOL

sorry, asking for a teacher.....

jeff

jsheffield

5 Year Member
Westmoreland, NH
Congratulations.....love seeing folks published! Reading truly is fundamental!

The kids books, what level? Are they first readers? 2nd grade? 6th?

To me, they look like 4-5th but I can ask the AUTHOR, so why not! LOL

sorry, asking for a teacher.....

jeff
Hi Jeff,

They're picture books, to be read to children... I would say optimal grade range is 2nd to 5th.

I did a reading and "meet the tortoises" event at a local elementary school, and kids K-6 listened, had good questions, and enjoyed meeting my tortoises afterwards.

Jamie

zovick

10 Year Member!
View attachment 352263

My latest novel, the first in a new series, has just gone live on amazon (and I've got copies on the way to me in case you'd like a signed or inscribed copy).

It's something between a cozy mystery, a detective story, and a tortoise-rescue diary....

An unlikely pair of detectives just trying to hide out in New Hampshire get drawn into a murder investigation.

Rafael Flores and Elmore Esbjornsson are hiding out from the world they used to live in, a world that tried, and very nearly succeeded, in killing them. They fill their days caring for a young girl that got swept up in the bloody mess at the confluence of all of their old lives, and also in caring for a group of rescue tortoises.

It's a new life as close to perfect for all of them as their shattered lives could be when reassembled... until, that is, their mostly fake detective agency gets pulled into a real murder mystery with a real killer, at which point Rafe and Elmore have to solve the murder and catch the bad guy.

The following link will help you find out more about my books and/or order copies if you're interested: https://linktr.ee/jamiesheffield

Thanks,

Jamie
Hello Jamie,

Congrats on the new book Hope it will be a great success for you.

Can you clear up a mystery for me? Your website (which I explored from the link above) states that you live in the Adirondacks of NY state and the information on that site seems to be current. The disclaimer used at the bottom of your posts states that you live in Westmoreland, NH. Which is more current and correct?

Just curious as I had many relatives from NH and spent much time there in my younger days.

jsheffield

5 Year Member
Westmoreland, NH
Hi Zovick,

I lived most of my life in the Adirondacks, and we moved to NH relatively recently... most of my contact stuff has been switched over to NH, but I still maintain close contact with the people and places in the ADKs, so I haven't spent the time/energy to scrub it from my online presence as yet (edit to add: I think I have now).

Jamie

Last edited:

zovick

10 Year Member!
Hi Zovick,

I lived most of my life in the Adirondacks, and we moved to NH relatively recently... most of my contact stuff has been switched over to NH, but I still maintain close contact with the people and places in the ADKs, so I haven't spent the time/energy to scrub it from my online presence as yet (edit to add: I think I have now).

Jamie
Thanks for the clarification, Jamie.

SinLA

Tortoise Club
Los Angeles
Hi Jeff,

They're picture books, to be read to children... I would say optimal grade range is 2nd to 5th.

I did a reading and "meet the tortoises" event at a local elementary school, and kids K-6 listened, had good questions, and enjoyed meeting my tortoises afterwards.

Jamie
So I read the above comment, but got confused and thought it was about this book. I had purchased this book and was going to give it to a friends kid who is in first grade, but it arrived too late, so I started reading it and boy am I glad I did not give it to her! Definitely not appropriate for a first grader. Lol I am about 30 pages in and I’m enjoying it so far. …

jsheffield

5 Year Member
Westmoreland, NH
So I read the above comment, but got confused and thought it was about this book. I had purchased this book and was going to give it to a friends kid who is in first grade, but it arrived too late, so I started reading it and boy am I glad I did not give it to her! Definitely not appropriate for a first grader. Lol I am about 30 pages in and I’m enjoying it so far. …
Sorry for the confusion... the novel is definitely not for young children, but the illustrated kid's books are.

Jamie