Janet [emoji177][emoji217]

Janet_1117

Location (City and/or State)
Santa Fe, Tx
I haven’t posted anything in a while. So, here’s Janet checking out her first rain. [emoji50]... it’s nice and warm and humid out so I figured I’d let her venture out to see how she responded. She ran and hid in her pvc pipe where she found a [emoji259] at the other end [emoji16]. After about a min or two she came out and wondered around and didn’t seem to mind the [emoji943] all for about 10 mins or so. And she’s done...Lol guess it’s back inside until we can find the [emoji295]️ again. IMG_9109.jpg

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
you will have to save that pipe so when your tortoise is 150 lb you can look at it and smile

Janet_1117

Santa Fe, Tx
Lovely yard. Poor Janet, she's so abused!!!

Thanks Yvonne! I just love her to pieces!!! Out of all my little critters, she’s probably by far the coolest and gets observed the most! Lol! Now, anytime she spots me walking by, she turns and come towards me. Probably expecting a flower [emoji254] but it’s cool she’s recognizing me for something. [emoji23] She’s 9 months and 4 days old today. [emoji217][emoji177]IMG_9180.jpgIMG_9181.jpg

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
I love comparison pictures .. Janet is really looking great.

Janet_1117

Santa Fe, Tx
Janet will be 1 year old in about 2 weeks!! She’s almost 6 1/2in. long and weighs 1lb. 12.5oz. Just a little update since it’s been a while! [emoji173]️[emoji217]

Janet_1117

Santa Fe, Tx
Little late...But Janet turned 1 [emoji322][emoji173]️[emoji217] I’ve had her 9 months now. Her birthday [emoji512] was a plate of hibiscus, mostly cut up, with some chopped up fresh grass and a some mazuri pellets. The “candle” was the center of the [emoji259]. Her diet consists of grass she can and does graze on all day, hibiscus flowers and leaves, an occasional piece of aloe. Her favorite dandelions have all been devoured and have not come back in a while. We have prickly pear growing but not enough for her to really eat it yet. She’s only had it once and seemed to like it. She gets zero store bought greens. No fruits or vegetables. I have purchased 1 12oz bag of Mazuri since I’ve had her and still have some in the bag. She gets that maybe 1 or 2 times every 2 or 3 weeks. Weighed her yesterday and she’s currently 2lbs 2oz. I have extended her outside enclosure (repurposed picnic table boards) from a 6’x6’ to a 12’x6’. She has made her a designated [emoji90] spot, which I thought was interesting. I figured it’d be everywhere? Her soaking spot is the bottom of one of those buckets with the rope handles, cut about an inch and a half from the bottom. And is warmed by the sun. She drinks from it and soaks regularly by herself. It’s washed out at least once or twice a day. Her little hide is made out of stacked 2”x6” boards about 12” long, placed where the sun can’t shine in and deep shaded area on the side assisted with an umbrella. My little make-shift setup seems to be working quite well for now. IMG_1566312579.813341.jpg

Janet_1117

Santa Fe, Tx
Little late...But Janet turned 1 [emoji322][emoji173]️[emoji217] I’ve had her 9 months now. Her birthday [emoji512] was a plate of hibiscus, mostly cut up, with some chopped up fresh grass and a some mazuri pellets. The “candle” was the center of the [emoji259]. Her diet consists of grass she can and does graze on all day, hibiscus flowers and leaves, an occasional piece of aloe. Her favorite dandelions have all been devoured and have not come back in a while. We have prickly pear growing but not enough for her to really eat it yet. She’s only had it once and seemed to like it. She gets zero store bought greens. No fruits or vegetables. I have purchased 1 12oz bag of Mazuri since I’ve had her and still have some in the bag. She gets that maybe 1 or 2 times every 2 or 3 weeks. Weighed her yesterday and she’s currently 2lbs 2oz. I have extended her outside enclosure (repurposed picnic table boards) from a 6’x6’ to a 12’x6’. She has made her a designated [emoji90] spot, which I thought was interesting. I figured it’d be everywhere? Her soaking spot is the bottom of one of those buckets with the rope handles, cut about an inch and a half from the bottom. And is warmed by the sun. She drinks from it and soaks regularly by herself. It’s washed out at least once or twice a day. Her little hide is made out of stacked 2”x6” boards about 12” long, placed where the sun can’t shine in and deep shaded area on the side assisted with an umbrella. My little make-shift setup seems to be working quite well for now. View attachment 278849

IMG_1374.jpgIMG_1420.jpgIMG_1566314913.094807.jpgIMG_1115.jpg

Janet_1117

Santa Fe, Tx
She’s beautiful! Such a creative birthday treat!

Thanks! I’ve seen some on social media with all kinds of things like strawberry and watermelon but I just couldn’t bring myself to give that to her. I know just a little probably wouldn’t hurt. So I gave her more of her favorite and just made it pretty! Lol

Janet_1117

Santa Fe, Tx
Haven’t posted in a while. The app stopped working and every time I’d go to the website I couldn’t do anything. Didn’t know if it was on my end or the site. So I quit coming for a while. Seen someone recommended the site to another and decided to give it a shot and bam! Here I am!! ?
Janet’s doing great still! Hasn’t crossed that 3 lb mark yet. She’s holding steady at just under! Looking great. Still running around eating like a champ! I’ve noticed the last day or so she’s got some growth lines beginning to show again! My baby’s growing up!! ? 2970B254-EC53-45AD-BF3B-DA1E2E56618C.jpegF2492760-04A7-41E6-A9C1-CA389332FD32.jpeg

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
She is a beautiful birthday tortoise!