Josh's Frogs are a great vendor

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I ordered an incubator from some online store and noticed a few days later that I'll need some deli cups and moss. deli cups don't come with that incubator.
I found that almost no one would sell 9 deli cups. Most places sold by the thousand.
I located one that did sell them loose. 20 cents each. Josh's Frogs. They also sell all sorts of breeding and bedding media for all sorts of reptiles and herps. Never heard of them before. But I ordered.
And boy are they fast.

Krupbot20

Simi Valley, CA
I purchased 6 dart frogs (3 separate transactions) from Josh's Frogs and various supplies and they were wonderful.

All frogs were healthy and I've had them for over a year. Two of them even successfully bred and I am currently raising the froglet.

Great company!

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I purchased 6 dart frogs (3 separate transactions) from Josh's Frogs and various supplies and they were wonderful.

All frogs were healthy and I've had them for over a year. Two of them even successfully bred and I am currently raising the froglet.

Great company!
I've always wanted to set up a big dart frog terrarium.

Krupbot20

Simi Valley, CA
It's ok.
It's my thread.
Post away.
Set this up 2 years ago. I had 4 bumble bee frogs and decided the 24x18x18 wasn't big enough (It was but my best friend and I wanted a new project.)

I checked out a local aquarium store and he had a 24W x 24 H x 48L aquarium with a custom made stand that he made for someone. The guy backed out of the order so I got a great deal.

My friend and I made the background out of corkbark, great stuff foam, aquarium silicone, and coconut fiber. We added the substrate in the following order from bottom to top:
- Zoomed Hydroballs
- Zoomed Substrate mesh (to prevent soil from entering the Hydroballs and getting soggy)
- ABG soil Mix
- Sphagnum Moss
- Dried oak leaves and Moss

We added a Mistking system with 10 nozzles along the back. For lighting I used a Jungle Hobbies LTD double Advanced light. Expensive ($800) but worth it. The plants grew quick and display true colors within weeks.

Then we planted the plants and added the microfauna. I used springtails and tropical wood lice. After three weeks, I added my little friends and they love it.

Aside from feeding 3x a week, trimming a couple plants, and cleaning the glass a few times a month (about 5 minutes max) it's very easy to maintain.

My best friend (engineer) made an awesome set up by connecting the Mistking wires to a sensor. The sensor is connected to a sound system and The light system. So when I hit the lightning button on the light system, I get lightning flashes, mist, fog, and a thunder sound track.

Since I had a big cage, I took a chance and mixed species (controversial) but it has worked out great. There's tons of visual barriers and space so there has not been any issues. I have not lost any frogs and two have breed successfully and the hatchling grew up in the tank.

Probably more than you wanted to know, but I'm happy to answer any questions. 20170717_052100.jpg20170529_185613.jpg20170807_073906.jpg20170706_174324.jpg20170430_211206.jpg