Juliet just stopping by to say Happy Saturday!

MysticCaribou

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Sweet Home Chicago
Looks good, you've done well growing him/her.

Thanks! She's wonderful. Never thought I could love a tortoise like this. She does have some very slight pyramiding - but must be from fast growth as the moisture level in her habitat is 70% (usually) and she gets 20 minutes soaks twice a day. Now she's starting to get marbling. Which I look forward to and hope she ends up looking as cool as @Pearly 's tortoise looks.

Pearly

5 Year Member
Central Texas, Austin area
Your Julliet is absolutely beautiful and has no pyramiding whatsoever. She is soooo much smoother then mine. Look at my Shellie her growth is "ridgy", kept in closed chamber first year with daily outing/sunning for 1/2-1 hr, and second year few hrs outdoors daily. ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1498337217.030128.jpg she's growing pretty fast too, at 2 yrs measuring 8" and weighing in bit over 3 lbs. ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1498337355.722763.jpg Tucker is a bit smaller (7" and few oz over 2 lbs) but neither is perfectly smooth like some of Craig's (@Anyfoot) and others. My Two also wishing everyone a great Saturday evening

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
Your Julliet is absolutely beautiful and has no pyramiding whatsoever. She is soooo much smoother then mine. Look at my Shellie her growth is "ridgy", kept in closed chamber first year with daily outing/sunning for 1/2-1 hr, and second year few hrs outdoors daily. View attachment 211100 she's growing pretty fast too, at 2 yrs measuring 8" and weighing in bit over 3 lbs. View attachment 211102 Tucker is a bit smaller (7" and few oz over 2 lbs) but neither is perfectly smooth like some of Craig's (@Anyfoot) and others. My Two also wishing everyone a great Saturday evening
Pearls, I'm in the same boat as you, some of mine are perfect and some have minor pyramiding. I'll see how my latest hatchlings grow, if not 100% smooth then it's back to the drawing board.

AmberD

Ontario
I hope my baby looks as good as Juliet when he/she gets bigger!

MysticCaribou

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sweet Home Chicago
Your Julliet is absolutely beautiful and has no pyramiding whatsoever. She is soooo much smoother then mine. Look at my Shellie her growth is "ridgy", kept in closed chamber first year with daily outing/sunning for 1/2-1 hr, and second year few hrs outdoors daily. View attachment 211100 she's growing pretty fast too, at 2 yrs measuring 8" and weighing in bit over 3 lbs. View attachment 211102 Tucker is a bit smaller (7" and few oz over 2 lbs) but neither is perfectly smooth like some of Craig's (@Anyfoot) and others. My Two also wishing everyone a great Saturday evening

I just love the marbling. Juliet isn't completely smooth. If you run your hand over her shell you can feel slight pyramiding. Yours look great! Thank you for your kind words. I love this tortoise. Just wish she could stay small forever.

William Lee Kohler

5 Year Member
Eugene, OR

Nice nova/sunburst pattern on shell.