JURASSIC WORLD

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
SoCal
OK! I feel like a kid again...just like I did when the JURASSIC PARK was released 22 years ago! I will not spoil this for anyone who hasn't seen it...but this movie is FUN! I like the fact that this film was made as a sequel to the original...totally disregarding those POS goofs Lost World and JP III. Don't get me wrong! I loved the dinosaurs in both films...but in the end...I wanted EVERYBODY in BOTH films to be lunch! EVERYBODY! And, a little scientific fact for ya! Tghere's no way on God's green earth that a spinosaurus would've dispatched a T-Rex...it would have been the other way around!

Anyway...enjoy the one movie that may finally sink the TITANIC...again...er...umm...you get the idea! :p

OH! One little secret I have to share...Bryce Dallas Howard may have engineered a new dinosaur...but word is...they had to call @Tom in to train him! :D

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/jurassic-world-global-box-office-record-1201519430/

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
My wife and daughter saw it yesterday and they said it was FANTASTIC! Even better than your review. I will have to see it ASAP.

I saw Fury Road yesterday. It wasn't bad, but I had hoped for more substance. The original, the second and even Beyond Thunderdome has so much more impact than this one. We should have seen JW instead...

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
My wife and daughter saw it yesterday and they said it was FANTASTIC! Even better than your review. I will have to see it ASAP.

I saw Fury Road yesterday. It wasn't bad, but I had hoped for more substance. The original, the second and even Beyond Thunderdome has so much more impact than this one. We should have seen JW instead...
I felt the same! I was looking forward to MM as much as JW and Terminator Genisys...but having Charlize Theron the lead over Tom Hardy fu**ing sucked! Other than that...the action was AWESOME!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I felt the same! I was looking forward to MM as much as JW and Terminator Genisys...but having Charlize Theron the lead over Tom Hardy fu**ing sucked! Other than that...the action was AWESOME!

Agreed. The action and stunts were amazing and second to NONE. Story could have been better.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
The science and paleontology in the first book and film were pretty good based on the knowledge of the time.
Not so with the new film, even some of the points they had right in the first movie were wrong this time.
The characters were too black and white and the idea that science and scientists are bad is wrong.
The acting is moderate at best.
But to watch as an action flick, for a bit of light entertainment it's absolutely excellent.

DawnH

5 Year Member
Southeast Texas

PLUS (you guys forget the biggest PLUS of this movie!!) CHRIS PRATT IS DREAMY AS HELL.

That alone makes it a blockbuster.

(Just sayin')

Eric Phillips

5 Year Member
Ohio
Took the family to see it yesterday. Storyline was ok but the Dino's rocked!

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
I saw it IMAX too! Literally great! saw it opening night. It was already obvious I was going to love it seeing as I have a bit of a crazy love for all the movies even though 2 and 3 are kind of just there.

Funny though, now after the dialogue here I can only picture Tom training velociraptors because there's no real life person I could imagine more up to the job lol.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
OK! I feel like a kid again...just like I did when the JURASSIC PARK was released 22 years ago! I will not spoil this for anyone who hasn't seen it...but this movie is FUN! I like the fact that this film was made as a sequel to the original...totally disregarding those POS goofs Lost World and JP III. Don't get me wrong! I loved the dinosaurs in both films...but in the end...I wanted EVERYBODY in BOTH films to be lunch! EVERYBODY! And, a little scientific fact for ya! Tghere's no way on God's green earth that a spinosaurus would've dispatched a T-Rex...it would have been the other way around!

Anyway...enjoy the one movie that may finally sink the TITANIC...again...er...umm...you get the idea! :p

OH! One little secret I have to share...Bryce Dallas Howard may have engineered a new dinosaur...but word is...they had to call @Tom in to train him! :D

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/jurassic-world-global-box-office-record-1201519430/

Fun is a good way to describe this movie. It's definitely not going to win any academy awards, but everyone in the theater was clapping afterwards, and I certainly enjoyed it. It inspired me to pick up the original book again. It's a good read for any JP nut.

I am looking forward to the inevitable sequel.

Jimmy Buffet as the margarita guy will never fail to amuse me.
Awesome movie, besides some of the unnecessary subplots or discussions that are meant to connect you with a character but ultimately end up doing nothing, such as the kid's mentioning their parent's divorce for two minutes and never having the subject brought up again.
The animation was fantastic!