JUS ORDERED THE NEW RED TORT STICKS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
FL
RE: JUS ORDERED THE NEW RED MAZURI LIKE TORT STICKS.

Terry Allan Hall said:
Red food dye 40 made my daughter hyperactive as a child...I guess if I see my torts zooming around their enclosure at top speed, I'd be inclined to wonder if the same thing is happening...
Nelson must have gotten into some red food dye then, because home boy is crazy! ;)

dalano73 said:
I think that we have to sometimes put our fears about the things that are not good for humans on the back burner because tortoises can eat things without issues that we can't..

Well that's my 2 cents..

That's why I was wondering if tortoises can have allergies, or negative reactions to certain foods. It sounds like a stupid question, but I was being serious :p

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.

Just curious....what can a tortoise eat that we can't. I would not want to eat the things a tortoise eats and I could not live on just tort food, but I can't think of anything that would make me sick.
BTW a little hibiscus in my smothie is not bad :)
The problem with Red # 40 is that you do not see the effects right away, but maybe it wont effect torts. Our goverment or the FDA doesn't think it is a problem for humans :(

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.

Well I just placed an order for a lb of it and a lb of cactus pads too. Hopefully I will have 1 very happy Sulcata! Cheers!!

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas

Angi said:
Just curious....what can a tortoise eat that we can't. I would not want to eat the things a tortoise eats and I could not live on just tort food, but I can't think of anything that would make me sick.
BTW a little hibiscus in my smothie is not bad :)
The problem with Red # 40 is that you do not see the effects right away, but maybe it wont effect torts. Our goverment or the FDA doesn't think it is a problem for humans :(

One example is poisonous mushrooms...box turtles eat them in the wild, w/ no ill effect, and the poison builds up in their muscle tissues...and if you eat a boxie from the wild, you run an excellent chance of dieing a very unpleasent death.

When the Whites first came here, my ancestors pointed this fact out to the nice ones... :cool:

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.

Very intersesting Terry. So does that mean it is safe to feed mushrooms from my yard to my Boxie? I have always been afraid to.

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas

Angi said:
Very intersesting Terry. So does that mean it is safe to feed mushrooms from my yard to my Boxie? I have always been afraid to.

I don't consider myself an expert, but I'm guessing it's OK...but I won't be offended if you inquire further, just to be safe.

gmayor

5 Year Member
Whittier, CA.

Where can you purchase this at? that might of beinganswered already but im to lazy to read through all the post lol........ :p

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal

gmayor said:
Where can you purchase this at? that might of beinganswered already but im to lazy to read through all the post lol........ :p

Try this guy...I don't think ANYONE can beat his price...or availability! ;)

http://coastalsilkworms.com/store

gmayor

5 Year Member
Whittier, CA.

ok sweet thank you for that. :D

coastal

10 Year Member!
Florida

Thanks Dean.

I do have the bars listed on the site and the sticks. So you can order the size or sizes you wish in the amounts you need. I also have all the other goodies, so you can get it all in one shipment if you like. I added some items with free international shipping for those folks not in the US (I do ship all over the world). If you need some other amount just email me.

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas

Just turned tonight's Mazuri/dried weeds feeding red by using food dye in place of some of the water the Mazuri soaked in...Jennifer and Ophelia got VERY excited! :p

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV

Terry Allan Hall said:
Just turned tonight's Mazuri/dried weeds feeding red by using food dye in place of some of the water the Mazuri soaked in...Jennifer and Ophelia got VERY excited! :p

Very cool...

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas

dalano73 said:
Terry Allan Hall said:

Very cool...

I was amused... :cool:

Ordered some of the new red Mazuri stuff a few days ago and am curious how well they like it...hopefully it'll be here by the weekend.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal

Terry Allan Hall said:

Now! That's thinking outside the box...thanks for sharing Terry!

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas

DeanS said:
Terry Allan Hall said:

Now! That's thinking outside the box...thanks for sharing Terry!

Well, we've been talking about how the color red attracts their attention, in this thread, so I thought I'd test out the theory...next time, I'm going to tint "the mess" orange and see how that works out...maybe make a few small batches of different colors and see just how much difference it makes, or if it's more the smell.

Science marchs on! :p

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV

I will get mine tomorrow, so I will see how it goes..

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas

Just got through feeding them all...4 out of 4 dug in w/ enthusiasm! :cool:

I also offered an equal-sized pile of the brown Mazuri beside the "red stuff" and while Jennifer and Ptolemy ate their portions (after making sure there was no "red stuff" left :p), the other two pretty much ignored it, so I think I'll just mix the rest of the brown Mazuri in w/ the "red stuff" until I've used it all up, but I'll buy the "red stuff" from now on...it certainly goes over well w/ my torts!

Thanks, Coastal! :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.