JUS ORDERED THE NEW RED TORT STICKS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Bakersfield, California
RE: JUS ORDERED THE NEW RED MAZURI LIKE TORT STICKS.

It needs a way better name than red stuff!! How about a contest for the best name? "Red sticks" just doesn't work!!

Maybe something cute or clever! TRS < tortoise red sticks> sounds better than red stuff!!

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas

Torty Mom said:
It needs a way better name than red stuff!! How about a contest for the best name? "Red sticks" just doesn't work!!

Maybe something cute or clever! TRS < tortoise red sticks> sounds better than red stuff!!

Good idea...Coastal, being the (presumed) judge, what prize goes to the best name? :p

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV

Terry Allan Hall said:
Just got through feeding them all...4 out of 4 dug in w/ enthusiasm! :cool:

I also offered an equal-sized pile of the brown Mazuri beside the "red stuff" and while Jennifer and Ptolemy ate their portions (after making sure there was no "red stuff" left :p), the other two pretty much ignored it, so I think I'll just mix the rest of the brown Mazuri in w/ the "red stuff" until I've used it all up, but I'll buy the "red stuff" from now on...it certainly goes over well w/ my torts!

Thanks, Coastal! :cool:

I just had the feed store down the street from me order two 25 pound bags so I will just give my hatchling the red stuff (until we get a good name) and Vegas will get normal Mazuri I doubt Vegas will mind, he eats anything no matter what the color..

Fernando

10 Year Member!
Southern California

Torty Mom said:

I'm down with TRS.

dalano73 said:
Terry Allan Hall said:
Just got through feeding them all...4 out of 4 dug in w/ enthusiasm! :cool:

I also offered an equal-sized pile of the brown Mazuri beside the "red stuff" and while Jennifer and Ptolemy ate their portions (after making sure there was no "red stuff" left :p), the other two pretty much ignored it, so I think I'll just mix the rest of the brown Mazuri in w/ the "red stuff" until I've used it all up, but I'll buy the "red stuff" from now on...it certainly goes over well w/ my torts!

Thanks, Coastal! :cool:

I just had the feed store down the street from me order two 25 pound bags so I will just give my hatchling the red stuff (until we get a good name) and Vegas will get normal Mazuri I doubt Vegas will mind, he eats anything no matter what the color..

how much was is at the feed store? You can PM me.

coastal

10 Year Member!
Florida

No problem, glad to hear they enjoyed the food. I should also note that the Zoological Red Tortoise food only takes a minute of less of soak time if you want to soften it. Unlike Mazuri which can take 5 min and even then not all of the pieces soften.

We call the "red stuff" Zoological Red Tortoise Sticks/Bars. I'm open to other names too...

All orders have been shipped, if you like the food spread the word and leave feedback.

Fernando

10 Year Member!
Southern California

coastal said:
No problem, glad to hear they enjoyed the food. I should also note that the Zoological Red Tortoise food only takes a minute of less of soak time if you want to soften it. Unlike Mazuri which can take 5 min and even then not all of the pieces soften.

We call the "red stuff" Zoological Red Tortoise Sticks/Bars. I'm open to other names too...

All orders have been shipped, if you like the food spread the word and leave feedback.

Thanks John! Looking forward to getting that package!

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Bakersfield, California

Terry Allan Hall said:
Torty Mom said:

Good idea...Coastal, being the (presumed) judge, what prize goes to the best name? :p
Well let's see, I have won some door prizes from our CTTC meetings, I have:

1 green wooden tort with a cute face, 1 ceramic tort that Penny thinks is her sister, and a plastic one from Tractor Supply that we use to play jokes on each other around my house. Someone always falls for it and yells "Mom one of the babies got out!"

Of course BRAGGING RIGHTS are always good! :p

Oh I also have a $10.00 Starbucks card I got from one of the kids at school, I could throw that in, if the name is REALLY good!! :p

I think that's it.......

October

5 Year Member
San Tan Valley, Arizona

ZRTS would the abbrev for the actual name, I think. Zerts. Sounds like the name of a candy. :D

RTS reminds me of video games. :p

Mao Senpai

5 Year Member
North Carolina

I finally caved and bought a pound :( gonna use it as part of a varied diet! :)

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Bakersfield, California

October said:
ZRTS would the abbrev for the actual name, I think. Zerts. Sounds like the name of a candy. :D

RTS reminds me of video games. :p
Zrts is cute, RTS sounds like something you need to take a pill for! :0

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.

Yeah, Coopers red tortoise sticks and cactus pads just came! New question tho; Cooper is a 7 month old 215 gram sully, so how much cactus should I let him have at a time? I don't want to over do it, which I would if he likes it cause he has me wraped around his front leg! :)

Fernando

10 Year Member!
Southern California

Cactus is a good source of calcium. Some here give it every day or every other day mixed with other greens and mazuri.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Speaking as a private person, not as a moderator, I think we all need to quit using the term, "red Mazuri-like tort sticks." This is NOT a Mazuri product. I've noticed members using the term on other threads also. We need to leave "Mazuri" out of the equation. This product was NOT made by Mazuri, and we don't need everyone thinking that it was.

I see nothing wrong with calling it like it is: the red Marion zoological tortoise food. Or just the red food that Coastal sells.

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas

cemmons12 said:
Yeah, Coopers red tortoise sticks and cactus pads just came! New question tho; Cooper is a 7 month old 215 gram sully, so how much cactus should I let him have at a time? I don't want to over do it, which I would if he likes it cause he has me wraped around his front leg! :)

You really can't over feed cactus...give him 1/8 of a pad and see if he can finish it (it's mostly fluid)...if he can, great, if not, feed him less.

2-3X a week is about right.

emysemys said:
Speaking as a private person, not as a moderator, I think we all need to quit using the term, "red Mazuri-like tort sticks." This is NOT a Mazuri product. I've noticed members using the term on other threads also. We need to leave "Mazuri" out of the equation. This product was NOT made by Mazuri, and we don't need everyone thinking that it was.

I see nothing wrong with calling it like it is: the red Marion zoological tortoise food. Or just the red food that Coastal sells.

Or "the red stuff"... :p

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Thanks for the info! I gave him maybe 1/8 of a pad and he only ate about 7-10 bites and left it alone, may take some time for him to "like" it I guess.

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
cemmons12 said:
Thanks for the info! I gave him maybe 1/8 of a pad and he only ate about 7-10 bites and left it alone, may take some time for him to "like" it I guess.

Give him time...sulcatas are SERIOUS chowhounds. :cool:

coastal

10 Year Member!
Florida
Who would have thought the name would be such a problem? I do agree though this is a very different product from Mazuri. I just think everyone is so use to the name Mazuri it will take time for the new food name to stick.

Everyones orders were shipped, you should see them soon. Let us know your thoughts when you get them!

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
I got my (red stuff) today, will try it out tomorrow since it arrived just before I left for work..

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Its just that after seeing the red food referred to in the same breath as Mazuri, I started to realize that if Mazuri were MY product I would be offended if other products were being referred to with my name. And a representative from Mazuri is a member here. Sort of like, "The silk worms like Coastal silkworms."

Status
Not open for further replies.