Just a dumb thread, please join in!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBtortoises

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
The Catskill Mountains of New York State
Just a dumb thread, please join in!

If you could change your legal name to a really cool one what would it be and why would you do it?

I think I'd go with: "Bogwan Rashnesh". I like the way it rolls off my tongue and I can picture myself wearing nothing but a white robe everyday. That's got to be comfortable! Maybe get myself some followers and a "community".

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Call me anything. In the past I've answered to "Evelyn" "Yolanda" "Yuhvaughn" "Yvette" and the folks at work used to call me "Even Gomer"...just don't call me "late to dinner."

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Tom Slick. And I'd drive the Thunderbolt Greaseslapper.

Either that or George of the Jungle. He had Jane, after all.

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
I've always liked my name, and I got lucky with "Logan" when I married Fred. My maiden name was Brock, so I named my son with that one.

My son is Brock Logan, and my brother named his son Logan, so my nephew is Logan Brock. That one gets a lot of attention and laughs at the high school.

I watch a lot of soccer, and two of my favorite player names are Papa Bouba Diop and Jann Vennagor of Hesselink (those last three are squeezed onto the back of his jersey, no kidding!).

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
why can't you change your name legally? trouble with the law?

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
I'd go with my username, Kyryah. I'd keep my last name because it belongs to my hubby and I like it because it is different. It is Duda, and while most people pronounce it "Dooo-daah" it is actually "Do-duh."

I'm fine with my real first name, until someone calls me "Krissy." Then the claws come out. There are TWO people that are allowed to call me that - my mother, because I can't hit her, and my husband, because it is a term of endearment. Every one else, that is a killing offense.

Another of my nicknames is Kat. I have been called that for years. Might have something to do with those claws :p

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
I do have a spiked collar with a tag that says "Killer." :D :D :D

Just kidding about the tag, but the collar exists, lol.

M

Maggie Cummings

My last name growing up was Neiss...pronounced Nice ...and believe me I have heard all the jokes..."You won't be Neiss all your life" or "Are you as Neiss" as your name? (no I am not)...any how...I like my last name now, so even tho we are divorced 20 years I kept it. Mostly because I wanted to get far away from being "one of those Neiss kids"...

Signed...Maggie3fan Cummings

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Hmm funny thread! if I could change something about my name I would write it differently. My name is Isabelle, I would write it Isabel :). I would never change my last name, I love it :D.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
maggie3fan said:
My last name growing up was Neiss...pronounced Nice ...and believe me I have heard all the jokes..."You won't be Neiss all your life" or "Are you as Neiss" as your name? (no I am not)...any how...I like my last name now, so even tho we are divorced 20 years I kept it. Mostly because I wanted to get far away from being "one of those Neiss kids"...

Signed...Maggie3fan Cummings

I always used to tell people I was a "Neiss" girl until I got married.

Whenever you would tell folks your name I would say, "Nice, that's N - E - I - S - S." And invariable they would come back with, "Oh, you mean 'niece'?" (pronouncing it neece) Like I didn't know how to pronounce my own name!

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
I would not change my name because I've always loved it. My father named me when he saw a Candy machine in the waiting room of the hospital (or that's the story that they told to me) while he was waiting for me to be born. I've always loved it. :D Plus there's a lot of songs written about me. :p

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Here a few I think might work
hercules rockefeller
handsome B wonderful
I also got one for the ladies:
Chesty La Rue

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Stephanie Logan said:
Is it French?

Does it fit well with "Hermie"? :D

No it is not french, it is irish (my grandfather). And i think it fits perfectly with Hermy, Hermy Cartwright, what do you think? :D

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
My name is Theresa and a big long Italian last name. I never thought much of it, but then I married an O'Connell, and moved and had new friends that started to call me Terry. So I really like my name and wouldn't change it.

Status
Not open for further replies.