Just Cus I want to show off my little Squirtle!

Beck

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Lakeland/Central FL
Love these pictures. You do such a great job getting at his level (and even a little lower!). He's gorgeous.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using TortForum mobile app

Jlant85

5 Year Member
California
Beck said:
Love these pictures. You do such a great job getting at his level (and even a little lower!). He's gorgeous.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using TortForum mobile app

Thank you! I wish I have the money for a micro lens but my phone will do. Tips on how to get the close shot, turn your phone upside down! It works.

Vickie said:
Really cute tortoise! :)

Thank you!

ImageUploadedByTortForum1372189465.963572.jpg she really loves dandelions! It's jungle out there!

ImageUploadedByTortForum1372189700.736056.jpg

ImageUploadedByTortForum1372190278.383174.jpg lol she looked shocked when she saw the fake plants.

Last edited by a moderator:

tiff3grl

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Cute pics.....love the facial expressions.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using TortForum mobile app

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Love the pictures.

Sent from my C771 using TortForum mobile app

lkwagner

5 Year Member
Aww cute! This is my squirtle, squirt for short. I named her squirt cause she always peed on me when she was a baby, then my bf added the "le" lol Yours is so adorable and tiny.
ImageUploadedByTortForum1372210761.673008.jpg

Jlant85

5 Year Member
California
lkwagner said:
Aww cute! This is my squirtle, squirt for short. I named her squirt cause she always peed on me when she was a baby, then my bf added the "le" lol Yours is so adorable and tiny.
Omg I name mine Squirtle Cus she peed on me too! Plus the Pokemon character was my favorite as a child.

lkwagner

5 Year Member
Jlant85 said:
lkwagner said:
Omg I name mine Squirtle Cus she peed on me too! Plus the Pokemon character was my favorite as a child.

Yeah I named my second one crush and it turns out those are the names from the turtles in finding nemo! Too funny

Jlant85

5 Year Member
California
Since Shelby is finally living outside in her outdoor enclosure, it was finally time for Squirtle to come an take Shelby's old box. Added a few mods thanks to Theelectraco who's is a member of this forum for the instructions. ImageUploadedByTortForum1372929418.806752.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1372929431.822924.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1372929443.447951.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1372929454.721076.jpg

*misskerrimoo*

5 Year Member
Squirtle is adorable! I looove the shocked look! Hehehe!

MY BEAUTIFUL CHILDREN:

3.2.0 Cats (Neeko, Bootsie, Bean (Special Needs), Puff (Special needs), Pokie)
1.0.0 Dog (Sidney (Special needs))
2.0.0 Bearded Dragons (Lochey & Zane (Special needs))
2.1.0 Leopard Geckos (Hopper, Spanky-Butt (Special needs), Rumi)
0.0.1 Greek Tortoise Hatchling (Mookie-Boo)
0.0.2 Fire Bellied Toads (Ellie, Teddy)
0.0.1 Emporer Scorpion (Mr. Pickles)
1.0.0 Betta Fish (Mr. Pook-Pook)

oliviaTORTOISE

5 Year Member
I am a newbie on owning a tortoise so any caring advice that could help my russian tortoise I will value it and use it!!!
:))) thanks SO much:)!

Jlant85

5 Year Member
California
oliviaTORTOISE said:
What cute pics!!! Here is Olivia

I love her rounded shell!

oliviaTORTOISE said:
I am a newbie on owning a tortoise so any caring advice that could help my russian tortoise I will value it and use it!!!
:))) thanks SO much:)!

Basic of the basic care for tortoise =)
So lets start w/ your enclosure. THE BIGGER THE BETTER! tortoises love to roam free and the bigger the enclosure the better. One thing i highly suggest is not to use a glass tank. Tortoise cant really tell the difference between whats real and the glass. For substrate, i like to use coco coir and repti barks. Reason why, it helps maintain humidity. will get into that in a bit. I dont like to use wood chips/shavings. they are dry and can really harm your tortoise.

Temps: 75-80 cooler end and basking is a 90+. Night time at around 75.

I dont really know the humidity for Russians but i hear its similar so im at around 40-50.

oliviaTORTOISE

5 Year Member
thank you So much! :) I moved Olivia out of her glass tank and into a large storage bin. She seems really happy and she does love to roam, but mostly she likes to hide in her little red house! Thanks for the info!!

Sh3wulf

5 Year Member
Love this thread. Beautiful torts a d fantastic enclosures!

Two kids, One husband, One Hines57, One Leopard Tortoise, and a room at the sanitarium lol

oliviaTORTOISE

5 Year Member
Jlant85,
Your enclosure is AMAZING! I love all the details and my favorite are the glass rocks. I am now planning on building one like that but I so not know the wattage needed for a bulb. How many wats do you use? And thank you for commenting on Olivia! :) thanks so much! :)
Olivia