Just Cus I want to show off my little Squirtle!

Jlant85

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
California
oliviaTORTOISE said:
Jlant85,
Your enclosure is AMAZING! I love all the details and my favorite are the glass rocks. I am now planning on building one like that but I so not know the wattage needed for a bulb. How many wats do you use? And thank you for commenting on Olivia! :) thanks so much! :)
Olivia

When it comes to wattage, i use 100w. if you live in a warmer area, i would suggest use the 75w to save money on electric bill. Reason i use the 100w is because i live in san francisco. Our weather is horrid! lol... but i love it! the beauty about the 100w, i can adjust it up and down so i can control the temperature. if its too hot for the basking, i would raise it up. if its too cold then i would bring it down. for the night time temperature, basking is at about 75 degrees. this way if she gets too cold at night she can sleep at that temperature. she can walk away if she gets too hot at the cooler end.

Jlant85

5 Year Member
California
oliviaTORTOISE said:
thank you So much! :) I moved Olivia out of her glass tank and into a large storage bin. She seems really happy and she does love to roam, but mostly she likes to hide in her little red house! Thanks for the info!!

Always glad to help. Yeah i was going to suggest to use a storage bin if you are using a glass tank. Cheap, a lot more easy to move a round and lots of fun to mod. Once i make the outdoor enclosure mod storage mid for Squirtle ill post it up =)

oliviaTORTOISE

5 Year Member
Thanks! I will be shopping for new lamps soon currently I am using 60 watt but weather is warm and humid! :) that's good for my tort:) I hope :)!!

Her basking temperature is around 90-95 degrees and her night temperature ranges around 70-75 degrees I make sure at all times her heat does not get
Below 65 then it's WAY to cold... I take her outside every day 15-30 min. So she gets extra UVB heat and natural sunlight :) her normal temperature is like high 80s and like 93 degrees! :)

Jlant85

5 Year Member
California
oliviaTORTOISE said:
Thanks! I will be shopping for new lamps soon currently I am using 60 watt but weather is warm and humid! :) that's good for my tort:) I hope :)!!

Her basking temperature is around 90-95 degrees and her night temperature ranges around 70-75 degrees I make sure at all times her heat does not get
Below 65 then it's WAY to cold... I take her outside every day 15-30 min. So she gets extra UVB heat and natural sunlight :) her normal temperature is like high 80s and like 93 degrees! :)

Depending at the age the temp can drop at mid to low 50s at my area at night outdoor and my tort is doing fine. This is for my older tort Shelby. Her outdoor has a removable greenhouse so during the day it shoots up to 95+! But at night that's when the temperature drops. The younger ones are the one you want to worry bout. I like to keep my humidity at 50-60 for Squirtle. My yearling. It's hard to maintain cus she's an indoor tort and maintaining the temp and humidity at the same time can be challenging. I don let the temp drop below 70 and humidity staying the same. I use $2 spray bottle is the easiest solution for me. Spray the enclosure if you see the humidity dropping. This is why I love hatchings! Attention whores! Lol... JK

Also the 60 watts sounds fine if you already have nice weathers.

oliviaTORTOISE

5 Year Member
Thanks! :) I got a spray bottle but I keep her humidity at 30 or 40 but how high should it be I get different answers for this everywhere :) so is that to low??? Thanks!

Jlant85

5 Year Member
California
im usually at the range of between 30-50... you dont really want to go too high when older because it can lead to breathing problems.

Jlant85

5 Year Member
California
Enjoying his/her private pool. ImageUploadedByTortForum1373949522.913690.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1373949533.844701.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1373949547.582506.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Jlant85

5 Year Member
California
oliviaTORTOISE said:
[TURTLE][TURTLE] that's an AMZING pool!!!! Where did you get that?!? :)

Lol my wife got it online from amazon. It's the zoo med reptile rock food dish. I just use it as his pool cus its low and chances if him drowning is super duper low.

Jlant85

5 Year Member
California
lokenica said:
These need to be on the front of a Hallmark Card.

Tehehe. Thanks for the complements.

Unfortunately Shelby got the wormies and had to move back to the box for the upcoming treatments. =( Squirtle had to move to the 50 gal tank. I know i know glass etc... This is just temp until Shelby is feeling better and the enclosure outside is cleaned out.

*misskerrimoo*

5 Year Member
Lol-ing at Squirtle's shocked picture, once again! :B she has such great expressions! :D

MY BEAUTIFUL CHILDREN:

3.2.0 Cats (Neeko, Bootsie, Bean (Special Needs), Puff (Special needs), Pokie)
1.0.0 Dog (Sidney (Special needs))
2.0.0 Bearded Dragons (Lochey & Zane (Special needs))
2.1.0 Leopard Geckos (Hopper, Spanky-Butt (Special needs), Rumi)
0.0.1 Greek Tortoise Hatchling (Mookie-Boo - Ibera species)
0.0.2 Fire Bellied Toads (Ellie, Teddy)
0.0.1 Emporer Scorpion (Mr. Pickles)
1.0.0 Betta Fish (Mr. Pook-Pook)

Ps - I hope shelby will be better soon! Poor wormy butt tortie. :( was it really bad? >.O

MY BEAUTIFUL CHILDREN:

Jlant85

5 Year Member
California
*misskerrimoo* said:
Lol-ing at Squirtle's shocked picture, once again! :B she has such great expressions! :D

MY BEAUTIFUL CHILDREN:

Ps - I hope shelby will be better soon! Poor wormy butt tortie. :( was it really bad? >.O

MY BEAUTIFUL CHILDREN:

It's normal for tortoises to have parasites but if you if your seeing it on their feces, then that's when you want to worry. Yesterday was my first attempt to cure her, gave her half the dosage recommended and when Shelby did the poopy, the wormies were dead have to wait 10 day and I'm going to do the full treatment. She has 2 more so another 30 days until she'll be ok. That will give me enough time to clean out her outdoor enclosure. Squirtle in the other hand is adapting well. She roamed a lot yesterday and today so I ain't to worried. [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND SMILING EYES]

Just an update on Squirtle. Enjoy! ImageUploadedByTortForum1374287071.199195.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1374287081.425582.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1374287091.504375.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1374287103.996584.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1374287114.066341.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1374287129.689670.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1374287143.155290.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1374287157.283638.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1374287169.085874.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1374287178.649890.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1374287190.072924.jpg

This is his terrarium hotel until he returns home to his bigger box when Shelby gets better. The testudo seed mix grew nicely and now she has a beautiful burrow!

Jlant85

5 Year Member
California
^_^ it's been a while. Here is squirtle once again! Got so much chubbier! ImageUploadedByTortForum1387767273.849187.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1387767283.401761.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1387767296.204757.jpg

milkandsam

5 Year Member
Too cute! Squirrel looks ready to conquer the world in the last one! :):)

MzNENA

Colorado
OMG your Squirtle is just so adorable!!!:D:heart:
Yay both of ours are named Squirtle lol
Had to name mine after that adorable Pokemom character how could one not?

How old is your tortoise? Hoping mine will grow to be as beautiful as yours is.
And what plants did you keep in the terrarium if I may ask?

Jlant85

5 Year Member
California
MzNENA said:
OMG your Squirtle is just so adorable!!!:D:heart:
Yay both of ours are named Squirtle lol
Had to name mine after that adorable Pokemom character how could one not?

How old is your tortoise? Hoping mine will grow to be as beautiful as yours is.
And what plants did you keep in the terrarium if I may ask?

The humid hide was build with wires, dirt and clover seeds. The rest of the plants are fake. Lol.

Jlant85

5 Year Member
California
oliviaTORTOISE said:
What cute pics!!! Here is Olivia

I love russian tortoises! and yours is beautiful >.< I got to take care of one from a rescue and i love it! Too bad he wasnt my tortoise and had to give him back but it was worth taking care of him for the short amount of time... i got to learn so much more! If i wasnt focused on Ibera greeks right now ill gladly expand to own a russian... or two... lol...