Just got my musk!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamlikesbananas

5 Year Member
Just unboxed musk from turtlesource.com and i put him in a seperate container and fed him 3 hatchling pellets. His water is set to 78 degrees fairenheight (spelled wrong).
And i have one question, is his heat lamp to close to his basking dock? Its a 75 watt And its exactly a foot from the dock.

Attachments

• image-3328554121.png
    image-3328554121.png
    727.2 KB · Views: 49
  • image-1620406204.png
    image-1620406204.png
    752.6 KB · Views: 61

kathyth

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Beaumont, CA.
It looks absolutely perfect!
Cute baby!
I would put. Thermometer under the light just to make sure itis not too hot. The baby also has choices under the light. It can move to the most comfortable spot.
Nice set up!

adamlikesbananas

5 Year Member
kathyth said:
It looks absolutely perfect!
Cute baby!
I would put. Thermometer under the light just to make sure itis not too hot.
Nice set up!

Richsandwich

5 Year Member
I got one from the a few months ago. Good place to order from. Everything looks good except your heater. If I'm not mistaken the whole thing needs to be submerged in water. If the glass is exposed I think it can crack from the temp difference. Not 100% sure maybe someone can chime in.

kathyth

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Beaumont, CA.
I agree with the above. The heater should be submerged up to the black, plastic? Part. You can angle it, if the water is not deep enough.
Do not submerge the top, just all of the glass.
Good observation!

adamlikesbananas

5 Year Member
kathyth said:
I agree with the above. The heater should be submerged up to the black, plastic? Part. You can angle it, if the water is not deep enough.
Do not submerge the top, just all of the glass.
Good observation!

thanks i will angle it and see if it helps. The papers say that the minimum of water level is right where i have it but i think i'll take your advice, you seem experienced.
:)

My turtle has been opening his mouth underwater and his throat moves and looks like hes swallowing, i know turtle have to drink too but is this him drinking or is it something i should be worried. And he sometimes opens his mouth on land even when im not near him. Please help.
I know that im way to worried about him but i only want the best for my little squirtle.

Richsandwich

5 Year Member
Mine likes to fill his mouth with air under water and looks like a bullfrog. And when he's out of water basking in the light he sometime likes to have his mouth open to. Looks likes he's smiling when he does that. I wouldn't be to worried as long as he's breathing ok.

adamlikesbananas

5 Year Member
Richsandwich said:
Mine likes to fill his mouth with air under water and looks like a bullfrog. And when he's out of water basking in the light he sometime likes to have his mouth open to. Looks likes he's smiling when he does that. I wouldn't be to worried as long as he's breathing ok.

Thats a relief, thank you! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.