Just got my Rescue Girl home!!

turtlelou

5 Year Member
That last picture is so precious! She will thrive in her nee home! How old is she?

Carol S

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Alta Loma, CA
She looks so happy. I love her big beautiful eyes. Now she will have a wonderful life.

He needs to have all his animals taken away from him due to neglect. If a person does not want to take proper care of their animals, then they should not have any.

allegraf

10 Year Member!
Grenada, I think they might roam there freely? I know they have some rf on St. Johns in the VI. Very nice story and a happy ending! Looks like she has totally adjusted.

sunshine_hugs

5 Year Member
She's approx. 10 - 12 years old (he had her for about 10 years, and she was small when he got her).

allegraf said:
Grenada, I think they might roam there freely? I know they have some rf on St. Johns in the VI. Very nice story and a happy ending! Looks like she has totally adjusted.

Yes, they are wild here. I know they were introduced at some point, but there is quite a large wile population now.

Carol S said:
She looks so happy. I love her big beautiful eyes. Now she will have a wonderful life.

He needs to have all his animals taken away from him due to neglect. If a person does not want to take proper care of their animals, then they should not have any.

I agree with you....he shouldn't own animals. Unfortunately, it's not that easy to enforce things like that here. He raises his rabbits for meat, so I think there is a different standard of care expected (there shouldn't be, I know!!). And as for him beating his dog (who was very healthy looking, and beautiful), it's not really frowned upon by most people here....it would be very difficult for me to prove abuse / neglect. I actually want to go by his place again and take some pictures...pretend I just want to pet the cute animals.

Anyway, I swear Belle has explored every inch of her yard! I was worried it was going to be too much space for her, but it seems perfect!

BrandyBacklash

Pennsylvania, US
She is absolutely stinkin adorable!! Im glad you got her outta there. After you commented on Paco i had to stalk your threads for pics of your kiddos haha. Im so sorry about the attacks on the little.ones!!! Imglad theyre doing well. I know, unrelated, but thats my transition into saying all of your tortie children are so cute!!! I cant wait for spring and summer to let mine outside.

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
Those are gorgeous pictures, and she looks like she is in heaven. Cute nose, too.
What a wonderful outcome for you.

sunshine_hugs

5 Year Member
You're too cute. Belle is my baby....I love her SO MUCH!! I love them all, of course...but I have the hugest soft spot for her.

I live in a climate where they're outside year round, so it makes it very easy to care for the larger ones...I now have 4 adults, and LOVE watching them roam around their yard.

And Paco really is gorgeous! For real.

BrandyBacklash said:
She is absolutely stinkin adorable!! Im glad you got her outta there. After you commented on Paco i had to stalk your threads for pics of your kiddos haha. Im so sorry about the attacks on the little.ones!!! Im glad theyre doing well. I know, unrelated, but thats my transition into saying all of your tortie children are so cute!!! I cant wait for spring and summer to let mine outside.

It took her a while to really settle in (she was VERY shy around people), but she's always loved the yard. I adore her, and am so thankful she's with me!

lynnedit said:
Those are gorgeous pictures, and she looks like she is in heaven. Cute nose, too.
What a wonderful outcome for you.

kellychipoos

5 Year Member
So glad you got her! She's a beautiful girl! Her sad story turned happy, praying for his other animals :(

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
What a cutie! I love her eyes. She looks very happy now. Thanks for rescuing this tort.