Just got my second Redfoot!

stojanovski92113

Tortoise Club
YEAH!!! That's a very beautiful tortoise you have!! Let's see more pics :) congrats...they are addicting!

MPRC

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Oregon
Hello pretty lady. ;)

How big is she? I really want to get a harem for Vern. Most people have a 5 year plan that revolves around having kids or paying off loans. I am plotting a redfoot ranch.

TMartin510

Fremont, California
Hello pretty lady. ;)

How big is she? I really want to get a harem for Vern. Most people have a 5 year plan that revolves around having kids or paying off loans. I am plotting a redfoot ranch.
Nice! I think she is about 9 maybe 10 inches lol. She's really shy right now

TMartin510

Fremont, California
Thanks! She seems very strong haha. She's still warming up to me though, she finally turned around and is now looking out of her hide! Next I'm hoping she munches on her food lol. I think ima get her an igloo for outside lol

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
She has some old fungus scars, but a lot of them do. It's purely cosmetic.
It's good that she is already eating and drinking in her new home. Now you've got to find out if your male will let her live in peace. You have about a 50/50 chance I.M.O. and then you'd be looking for a second and then a third female. ;)(like I did)

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Most folks leave them far apart and use completely different food bowls, etc. For fear of cross contamination.
I think it's 6 months at a minimum.
However, my tortoises are all born and bred within 30 miles of me and I've been a little lax about doing that and have never had an issue.
I'm not saying that YOU do that.
I've been lucky.
I got that one sick female as you know. I didn't initially know she was sick and if her condition had been contagious, I would have likely lost several tortoises.
So yes. Quarantine.
Knowing now what I took for granted then....

TMartin510

Fremont, California
Most folks leave them far apart and use completely different food bowls, etc. For fear of cross contamination.
I think it's 6 months at a minimum.
However, my tortoises are all born and bred within 30 miles of me and I've been a little lax about doing that and have never had an issue.
I'm not saying that YOU do that.
I've been lucky.
I got that one sick female as you know. I didn't initially know she was sick and if her condition had been contagious, I would have likely lost several tortoises.
So yes. Quarantine.
Knowing now what I took for granted then....
Thanks you, I will definatley keep them apart for awhile. How is your Tort doin??