Just love it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DixieParadise

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Georgetown, TX
This morning I decided to change up the diet a bit. I bought some vegtable skewers..Mushrooms, squash, red bell pepper. I mixed it with a little spring mix and cucumber.. Man-o-man...the RF's went from bowl to bowl. Each picking out there favorite and then continuing on with the greens. YF just kept packing it away. I was surprised, because she has not been a big eater. Guess, I just wasn't feeding her what she wanted... EBT, he didn't care for it too much, but he ate at it. He was looking for his protein.

Just excites me when it all comes together and everyone is acting normal.

Will be glad when they can all be outside. Which should be next week, if the weather holds out. I don't like to put them outside when Thunderstorms are in the forecast.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Did you buy one to prepare for yourself? I keep looking at them for me, but never get brave enough to buy one to try.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
DanaLachney said:
Apparently my Walmart is as cool as yall's Walmart :(

My closest WalMart don't carry them, but the larger ones further from home I think do. I usually actually see these in another smaller chain type local store.

DixieParadise

5 Year Member
Georgetown, TX
Actually I was picking up my Spring Mix and saw these on the Aisle Cap. (You know the front of the aisle that always sucks you in to buy more). Checking them out 3 large skewers was only $3.50. Probably could have purchased all the same veggies cheaper, but these were already cut and ready to serve. I was surprised when the torts just went crazy over the variety.

I live in Texas where there are many good produce grocery stores. I did not get this at WalMart...

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I don't know about other places, but WalMart call those end caps (just for general information).

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
A couple of our local grocery stores have salad bars, and I usually get a small tub each week to offer some fun stuff and variety. I can usually get sprouts, squash slices, celery chunks, red/green/yellow peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes (either quarters or cherry versions), baby corn, pineapple, melon, berries, chicken chunks, mock crab meat, hard boiled eggs, and more.

Because this pre-cut stuff goes bad so quick, I usually get just enough to use for the next two meals, then most of the rest of the week is greens and whatever things I may have left over from making my own salads or steamed veggies.

DixieParadise

5 Year Member
Georgetown, TX
Mark,
Great idea...never really thought about salad bars for torts, but it works. You are so right about the cut up stuff going bad quickly. I must say, mine seem to like the variety.

Status
Not open for further replies.