Just ordered tons of seeds and plants!

hunterk997

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Wayland, NY
Flowering Maple
Zebrina
I ordered these two types of seeds yesterday. From what the website says, they are both very good for tortoises, so I can't wait to get them. It's perfect timing too because we just learned how to properly germinate seeds in my greenhouse class. I can't wait to try the method out. Although, I have no idea what I'm going to do with 25 flowering maple seeds... I read that they grow like a hibiscus.
I also may have bought some air plants for myself: https://www.airplantcity.com/Ionanthas.htm I got the ionantha fuego and ionantha mexican. Thought I'd share the exciting news ^.^

pfara

10 Year Member!
Maryland
Ooh.. you'll love the abutilon (flowering maple). It's a very beautiful plant with soft, velvety leaves and stems. If planted in ground, expect it to get about 3' tall. I found this out when wind blew a pot of it off the deck. I don't know how it survived from the fall or landing in a shaded spot, but it grew pretty large without me doing anything after. I also ordered the zebrina but I guess the packet was labeled wrong and I ended up with purslane. Remember to post pics!

hunterk997

10 Year Member!
Wayland, NY
pfara said:
Ooh.. you'll love the abutilon (flowering maple). It's a very beautiful plant with soft, velvety leaves and stems. If planted in ground, expect it to get about 3' tall. I found this out when wind blew a pot of it off the deck. I don't know how it survived from the fall or landing in a shaded spot, but it grew pretty large without me doing anything after. I also ordered the zebrina but I guess the packet was labeled wrong and I ended up with purslane. Remember to post pics!

That's good to know about the flowering maple. I was going to plant one in an outdoor enclosure, so I might have to prune it, or just keep it in a pot.
I think I'll do a progress thread of the seeds' progress.