Just weighed

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottishscott

5 Year Member
We just got a scale last weekend. We weighed Rhino then and he weighed 55 Grams. Weighed him just now and he's up to 62 Grams. How's that sound?

Dizisdalife

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
California
Weight gain is good. It starts slow, a few grams at a time. Then you see steady gains of 10-12 grams a week. Next thing you know you are carrying him to the bathroom scale because the he is too big for the kitchen scale.

Blakem

10 Year Member!
California
Pictures! How old and how long have you had your little one? As stated above, weight gain is always great :)

scottishscott

5 Year Member
2012-12-31 Rhino1.jpg2012-12-31 Rhino2.jpg2012-12-31 Rhino 3.jpg2012-12-31 Rhino4.jpg2012-12-31 Rhino5.jpg2012-12-31 Rhino6.jpg
Blake m said:
Pictures! How old and how long have you had your little one? As stated above, weight gain is always great :)

We have had Rhino since Nov. 21,2012. Hie was hatched the first week of September. Not sure exactly what day. Take a look at the center front square(haven't got to correct terminology yet) and let me know if this is pyramiding. His enclosure stays right at 80% humidity all the time. I hope it isn't. I just took these while he was basking

Last edited by a moderator:

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Not pyramiding. Looks good. Weight gain is great.

Keep up the good work. :)

scottishscott

5 Year Member
Update on Rhino. I finally received my MVB from Mega Ray. Since I put it in,Rhino is so active now and eats like a horse. That UVB must have helped,since he wasn't getting a lot of outdoor time what with the temps outside. I just brought him in from an hour long stint outside since it is warm today. I think he got pooped. He started out strong and by the time I brought him in,he was dragging. I just weighed him and he is now 70g. And this is the week he turns 5 months old. He is doing great,thanks to everyone on here that has answer questions and offered suggestions.

Urtle

5 Year Member
Thats great news, wait until he/she gets bigger you will see gains like that by the day :)

scottishscott

5 Year Member
I can't wait till he gets bigger and he can enjoy the outdoors more. He just loves going outside when it's warm.

Status
Not open for further replies.